Western Nebraska

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtshart

Hello from Scottsbluff, NE. There is a outdoor track that has races almost every other weekend in the summer, then also has a indoor track for the winter months nearby in Mitchell Nebraska, it’s a privately owned facility but the owner is always open to new people. It’s located at Randy’s Auto Repair but has a Facebook page called Randy’s RC Toybox with all the info you need.

There are also a few large parks that are plenty big enough for running your cars around a bit in for whatever you may want to do. Also there is a smaller skate park directly east of the Walmart in Scottsbluff and another one in nearby Gering north of the Geil Elementry School and park of Oregon Trail Park. I’ve ran some of my 1/10 scale stuff on both of them without anybody caring more we’re gathering to watch than anything I think. And last but not least is Lake Minatare Recreation area I have a few RC that I love to take there in the late summer when they start letting water out cuz you then have nice sandy beaches to run up and down. In the 3 years I’ve been in the hobby I’ve only had one small issue running there. It was quickly resolved but anyway I had taken my 2wd Slash all ready for the sand with paddles and rubbed fronts to play in the sand. I went to the far south west corner of the lake next to the dam itself and had already ran through 2 packs and was headed back to my vehicle to charge them back up and go again later. I’d seen a game warden setting above on the hill by the bathrooms from where my car was parked. As I got closer to my car he came driving down to meet me and then proceeded to tell me I couldn’t run my truck there anymore unless I had a Nebraska park sticker on it. Because it is a motorized vehicle I laughed it off thinking he was joking and asked if I had disturbed someone and that I would move to a different part of the lake if I needed to and he got kinda pissy with me and said no you are driving a motorized vehicle on state property without the proper permits that thing has a electric motor doesn’t it? I answered well yes??? He the cut me off before I could say more with Ok then I’m giving you the chance to get out of here with writing you a ticket, I pushed him a bit more for a explanation as to why this was classified as a motorized vehicle if people could ride there electric bicycles out there with out having park stickers. He just replied with I have been stopping them also when I see them and walked off as he said he was going to do his rounds and come back and if I was there I was going to get a ticket. So I put the truck away in my car and went fishing the rest of the afternoon in the same spot and never seen that guy again. Then later that following week I went to the game and parks office to ask them about running a electric RC vehicle at the lake. And told them what had happened. They had no problem with it and said they see a lot of people kids included doing the same thing. And that a motorized vehicle as far as the states definition of one is a something motorized with the purpose to transport people or goods. So the electric bicycles are more fitting to that definition than a RC lol. So I’ll be going back next summer hopefully with the Savage 25

Wow....Big govenrment bureaucracy serving & protecting everyone & everything?? This kind of BS is what pisses me off about gov't. They have nothing better to do than harrass someone with a toy. A "vehicle" is something that actually transports someone or something, & is regulated by the Department of Transportation, Division of Motor Vehicles, hence the word VEHICLE. Toys (pardon the word, RC's are far more than just toys, but for illustration purposes...) don't fit this criterion. Makes you want to file a complaint with them, but then watch them really start harassing you. Keep on keeping on anyway, & don't let then ruin your fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Back