Weak power to the rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bebekhijau

Hi all, my savage xs flux has issue with rear tires. When up in the air, all four tires is spinning, but when i put rear tire to the ground while front tires in the air, the car wont go forward. It seems there is gear slipping sound so no enough power to launch it forward.
While if i put front tires to the ground while rears in the air, it launch at full power

I already disassemble rear diff, clean it and thoroughly inspected it but cant find any wear on it. Inspect all wheels and center drive shaft, all good. Also adjust slipper clutch to max friction.

Any idea what cause this problem ? thanks

@bebekhijau

PART #86095 , THERE IS ALSO SAME TYPE OF "GRUB SCREW" ON REAR OUTPUT OF TRANS.
PART # 86094 BUT IF THAT WAS MISSING YOUR BRAKES PROBABLY WOULDN'T WORK.

Attachments

• GRUB SCREW.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
i just disassemble my slipper clutch and found that slipper pad material is like candle wax ? is my pad busted ?

@bebekhijau

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT TO SEE IF ONE OF THE "GRUB SCREWS" IS MISSING FROM
THE REAR TRANS OUTPUT OR THE REAR DIFF IMPUT FOR YOUR " Weak power to the rear" YET ?

@bebekhijau

K ,

DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SAVAGE FLUX SLIPPER ,
HOPEFULLY SOMEONE OUT THERE DOSE.
I'M FULL ON NITRO .....

Last edited:
Savage XS slipper pads get soft and deformate when they get wet. They are hard to access because many parts have to be removed. I made leather slipper pads to avoid this.

If slipper pads are bad you will loose power at both front and rear wheels.
If you are only experiencing problems with the power to the rear wheels and have checked that the rear diff input shaft moves (motor power reaches that point), it may be related to the rear diff internals (pin broken, gears slipping, diff housing loose screws, etc.).

Have been trying with leather slipper pad but only last about 10 minutes before it disintegrates into powder.
Try to order it to amazon us (which then order it to amazon uk) with no luck after 3 months indent.
Finally i got it from wheelspin UK which i think one of the few places on earth that still have this item

Attachments

• 20211011_093950.jpg
    20211011_093950.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back