Water/Seawater protection and cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rk295

Hi there, I'm about to get my first savage and I've been thinking I'll probably end up running it on a beach quite a lot.

I was wondering what if any precautions I should take to protect it from the spray? I'm not thinking of submerging the thing but it will get salt water over it and wet sand on it. Is it worth sealing the radio box somewho?

Also how do people clean their cars after they get seriously muddy? I've seen some utterly covered with mud cars in the galleries!

get a balloon and wrap it around the receiver to waterproof it.

coat the servos in wd40 to drive out water and stop it getting in. you will need to check and clean them after evey run as the sand will stick to the wd40 no doubt

check your bearings aot, and always make sure the airfilter on the engine is very tightly fitted.

apart from that running on the beach is great fun. get some sand paddles to enhance the experience. there a great laugh

Thanks polystyrene and thrasher6 that other thread is useful. Will post some pics when I get the truck down to the beach!

If your gona be running in sand you'll probably get through dog bones and drive cups like there's no tomorrow, I certainly did ! The sand gets into the drive cups and grinds away the drive pins on the dog bones as well as the actual drive cups. You can try and seal up these areas by using some heat shrink tubing, although I've never tried it myself. It may be worth a go because the life of your shafts and cups will probably be less than half the norm.......whatever that is ??

Latest posts

Members online

Back