Video of servos not working... Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it is a synth radi try a different frequency or try new crystals. also check where ur antenna wire is might be picking up interference

Ya I'm gonna get a hitech steering servo. As for the crystal, I don't think my receiver has one? Correct me if I am wrong. I tried the different frequency too. didnt work

is your transmitter stock? if so it has a crystal on top by the antenna. it would have a number and color on it. with the transmitter facing you the number should be right side up

its a futaba reciever and i would think it is the problem. if it was a servo the other servo should function but you can try the reciever with just one servo attached.

This is my receiver. Now, if I replace the receiver, do I need to replace it with the exact same receiver, or can I replace it with a different, less expensive one? I just don't know if receivers are universal? Or do you need the exact same one in order to work with the radio?

This is my receiver. Now, if I replace the receiver, do I need to replace it with the exact same receiver, or can I replace it with a different, less expensive one? I just don't know if receivers are universal? Or do you need the exact same one in order to work with the radio?

hold up bro. lets get you straightened out here. you say everything worked when it was in your stocker. were you using exactly all of the same electronics in your stocker or did you add a new switch between your battery and Rx?

Are you using a futaba 3pm 2.4 Ghz Tx/Rx?

before you replace the Rx, diagnose the problem a little further. WITH YOUR TX TURNED ON, take your battery pack off of that switch harness & plug your battery directly into your Rx & see if your servos power up. Then IMMEDIATELY unplug the battery pack. do not walk away or shut off your Tx with the battery plugged in direct.

I'm wondering if that switch between your battery & Rx is junk?

Here is my transmitter.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk2121.html

Neither the receiver or the transmitter use a crystal.

Ok I did what you said. I turned my Tx on, and then plugged my battery pack directly into the Rx. Same exact response and the video. Throttle twitch and then nothing. Steering servo nothing at all. No response from Tx. I'm to the point where I am just gonna order an whole new radio system. I'm sick of this.

before you do that, give it i last shot and try to resync the Tx with the Rx. Your Futaba Radio you got there doesnt use crystals, but you have to sync the tx to the rx onto the same signal so it will work. if you already did that, then try it again & i bet is solves your troubles bud.

is that a brand new 3pm? did you use it in your stock savage with no problems? I have the same Tx/Rx & use it on 2 r/c's & love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya this is the only system I have used. It worked just fine the last time I used the truck with the stock tank set up which was Nov 2008. I disconnected everything over the winter and then did the mid tank mod this March. Now nothing works.

I watched this vid on my iphone so it was difficult to see, but try connecting your servo wires the opposite way.In other words, connect them in the same slots but flip the connector so the white wire and I think it was a yellow wire from steering are connected reverse of the way you connected in the video.

Ya I'm gonna get a hitech steering servo. As for the crystal, I don't think my receiver has one? Correct me if I am wrong. I tried the different frequency too. didnt work

Just FYI, there are two threads on this topic, https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10060

please lets try to keep it to one thread.
The reason why I came here is because e you said you did not think there was a crystal in your receiver. Unless this is the incorrect manual for your TX/RX set up( Futaba T3PM-FS) from your first post in the linked thread below.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/3pm-fm-fs-manual.pdf

it says on page 14 that your TX should use a R-133F RX.
On page 21 it shows the R-133F receiver with a crystal in it. Does you RX have a slot for the crystal?

If this is the incorrect setup you have or I have the wrong book, let me know. Just trying to help a figure out whats going on and prevent you from spending more money you do not need to spend. Good luck bud

Members online

Back