Urgently needing advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter26

Hey guys, I need advise, I'm about to deploy to Iraq real soon. I want to get a savage Flux, but not wanting to have to worry about the battery blowing up or worse, catch the Flux on fire. I just need it to be dependable and last a whole year while I'm over there. I will be using it on downtime, or even maybe connect a camera on it and take it on patrols, just in case. What would be a good dependable battery for my situation? Thanks in advance.

SSG Shooter26

G3-EX5000-2S 7.4V 5000mah
G3-EX5000-4S 7.4V 5000mah

so instead of 2s, run 4s instead? and I will need two of them?

They are not so cheap huh?

Thanks for the advise, and it is my sworn duty and thank you for your appreciation.

Chris

oh no sorry, misunderstanding. you need TWO 2s packs to get 4s. NOT two 4s packs. they are $88 a piece i believe. there is also a 35c series that would be a good choice. just get two of whatever ones you choose to run 4s. hope this clears it up for you.

Hey guys, I need advise, I'm about to deploy to Iraq real soon. I want to get a savage Flux, but not wanting to have to worry about the battery blowing up or worse, catch the Flux on fire. I just need it to be dependable and last a whole year while I'm over there. I will be using it on downtime, or even maybe connect a camera on it and take it on patrols, just in case. What would be a good dependable battery for my situation? Thanks in advance.

SSG Shooter26

I'm gonna say it might be more important to get the right size packs & set hard cutoff with castle link to prevent catastrophy. Also choose your mods carefully so yo don't increase the weight of the truck too much.

I prefer my maxamps packs over my hyperions due to the hard case. I'd suggest you get hard case on whichever pack you get as sand is likely to kill any softcase pack.

yea... if you need reliability and trouble free bashing... you should go for hard case. I love my hyperions, but after some bad landings, they need repair. So hard case ftw.

try and do all the necessary mods to make it as reliable as possible... we don't want the diff failing when you are running back across enemy lines after you have just got some good footage on teh camera strapped to the flux :) Oh get a decent radio and receiver!!!

welcome to the forum buddy!!!

get a specky dx3.0 for reverse if u decide to

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back