Upper RSC Cross Brace interest

frddyj

The HPI Suspension Conversion for Savage has been discontinued. It was an expensive kit (which prevented a lot of people from trying it) and it gave the savage some pretty valuable advantages in terms of roll center and steering.

Mickey and i are trying the RSC cross brace and upper arms with other (non-hpi-rsc carriers, hubs, etc. to lower the roll center of the savage , which imo is the main benefit of the RSC. (ps, Mickey made his, i bought mine from 'the kidd.')

Here are some pics i took for Dejan so, if he wants, he can manufacture the brace for others who want to benefit from this mod without forking out $150.00 or not being able to find the discontinued parts.

First you need the brace:

As you can see, the brace pushes the upper a-arm out and lower

Then you need the ends from the adjustable upper arms or you can buy a tree of hellfire ends to make your new upper arms

Dejan, i will be sending you an actual brace once i get it. Do you think that this is something you could make?

Mickey

just me
yes red the brace is great. having it installed causes the truck to increase the wheel camber as it is compressed. so it should improve handling a lot. ill get back to you later today on how it handles as I'm going to give mine its first run with the brace installed.

ALZA-Racing

Manufacturer
Hi.

I think, this brace is doable with very reasonable price.
Can you take another picture so I can see another side of it.

Dejan

punisher

will this give me better steering?

and is it strong enough for bashing ?

JoeGuam

Japan, thus far is the only place to my knowleadge selling the individual RSC pieces. It retails for about $14 for just one piece. It will sure help many others unable to obtain it from their LHS.

Yes it is more durable than the stock piece, but is it worth the $$$. It all depends on your budget.

88gtanotchback

SAVAHOLIC
definitely strong enough for bashing, and it will help with handling. If these are produced, it would be neat to start shipping some of these things to the usa or canada as a bulk order to save on shipping from so far away

frddyj

will this give me better steering?

and is it strong enough for bashing ?
steering? well indirectly i guess. it moves the upper arm mounting position lower to the ground and out toward the outside of the truck lowering your roll center.

you'll be able make turns faster/harder without lifting the inside tires as much.

punisher

great sounds good ... how much we talking ....
any thing i can do to make the truck turn sharper turning radius sucks lol

steering? well indirectly i guess. it moves the upper

arm mounting position lower to the ground and out toward the outside of the truck lowering your roll center.

you'll be able make turns faster/harder without lifting the inside tires as much.

Mickey

just me
this cross brace is not intended to make your truck turn sharper. it will inherently allow it to turn faster. it changes the suspension geometry to allow the camber to change as the suspension compresses. the camber will go more negative as the wheel moves upward in its travel . the brace will also keep the truck more flat in corners reducing the tendancy to bicycle

ALZA-Racing

Manufacturer
I'm waiting to get my hands on this upper brace, than it will be available separately at very reasonable price.

Dejan

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
lol we posted 3 min apart ..... anyway yeah i saw that kit kinda pricey are there other kits that can replace this or maybe making my own set up ?

i though thats why frddy posted these to make a cheaper kit ....

or is this just replacement parts ?
He's talking about making the braces (by them selves) don't hold your breath on this one but i think it's because these braces are discontinued at HPI USA and they were hard to come by and not break the bank :)

To answer your question you can buy the integy rear tie eliminators and the front carrier and hubs for the turning. But the integy stuff wont lower the center roll.

ALZA-Racing

Manufacturer
We are talking only about this brace, as it is not available separately anymore.

There are no such kits available from other companies

And as many people allready have other option parts, they just want this upper brace which is not sold separately.
This particular group won't buy HPI's kit just because of two braces.

I'm waiting for frddy as he promised me that he will send me one piece, so I can start making it.

Dejan

]-[0pa]0ng

HPISF Supporter
We are talking only about this brace, as it is not available separately anymore.

There are no such kits available from other companies

And as many people allready have other option parts, they just want this upper brace which is not sold separately.
This particular group won't buy HPI's kit just because of two braces.

I'm waiting for frddy as he promised me that he will send me one piece, so I can start making it.

Dejan

Fred - what do we need to do to get this going for him? Do you need my help? If I need to break one of my trucks down to get that piece for him I will.

frddyj

]-[0pa]0ng;196125 said:
Fred - what do we need to do to get this going for him? Do you need my help? If I need to break one of my trucks down to get that piece for him I will.
you don't need to do anything. i mailed the part last week. its somewhere between boston, ma and slovenia.

if you want to send a second one, its cool.

frddyj

Dejan, its been 3 months since you got the brace and yet its not available yet?

kinda puzzling considering all the pm's you send me asking where it was, right?

ALZA-Racing

Manufacturer
Wrong :)

Its not 3 months yet and I was asking only once :) have checked PM's as I didnt delete any.

Design is made, but there was no time for machine it
because of various other stuff that comes first.
And recently I was moving my complete machinery
to new bigger place.

Dejan