Upper arm pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_DDub

Any ideas or threads on how to keep them in place without using the bumper arms? I'm tired of them coming out. I want to fab some piece of metal to block them and then screw it down using the holes right underneath the front of the arm pins.

I want to use something a little more stealth than zip ties too :p

I know, isn't it a pain?

Most people zip tie the bumper arms together to keep them from turning out and letting the pins slide out.

These will help and are bad a..

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/m...LUNS&Product_Code=3871&Category_Code=TRUC-HPS

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but how will they help solve the problem? If they were the ones that excepted e-clips on the ends, those would be better for the lower hinge pin, but not the upper. Your best bet DDub is to fabricate your own type of retaining brace. I've thought about doin the same when I kept breaking my front bumper mounts and almost lost a pin. But, I haven't broken any in awhile, knock on wood. I'll study my truck some more later and see if I can think of anything else.

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but how will they help solve the problem? If they were the ones that excepted e-clips on the ends, those would be better for the lower hinge pin, but not the upper. Your best bet DDub is to fabricate your own type of retaining brace. I've thought about doin the same when I kept breaking my front bumper mounts and almost lost a pin. But, I haven't broken any in awhile, knock on wood. I'll study my truck some more later and see if I can think of anything else.

Haven't lost one since installing. But maybe I am just a better driver now.

Latest posts

Members online

Back