Upper A-Arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

Here is one way to make an upper arm that will work with the rsc cross brace that alza is going to make.

DSC_1253.jpg

parts needed for each arm:

2 x hellfire ends (or end of an ss arm)
1 x 5mm threaded rod ($1.10 at my local hardware)
1 x connector nut ($.60 at l-hw-store)
1 x pack Aluminum Washers 3x6x3mm HPI Z819 ($5 shipped)
jb weld

the rod threaded 18 mm into the rod end and i left appx 20mm in the middle to get the max camber i would ever want. then i jb-welded the connector nut.

the pros are that you get a stronger upper a-arm because the rod threads a lot further into the end than does the stock connector.

the only con i see is that you will need to unbolt one end of the arm to adj camber (not really a big deal to me), but the connector nut will help make the adj on each end.

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't seen any pics as of yet of the cross brace... if these work with the GH BUlks ill get them, but i doubt they will fit...

haven't seen any pics as of yet of the cross brace... if these work with the GH BUlks ill get them, but i doubt they will fit...

he would have to mill the middle thinner to get them to work on the gh.

i forgot to mention you need a pack of Aluminum Washers 3x6x3mm HPI Z819 and use 2/ arm where they mount to the brace so they stand off.

you can see the washers between the arm and the brace here

DSC_1255.jpg

because of the diameter of the shocks, i mounted to the outside of the a-arm so they wouldnt contact/bind with the a-arms

DSC_1256.jpg

DSC_1254.jpg

I'm happy with the way the arms turned out - especially how strong they feel with the 5mm rod threaded all the way into the rod ends. the arms are smooth through the whole range of travel with no binding. Also happy that i didnt drop $150 on the RSC just to have the bolts tear the threads out of the carriers.

Fred, seems i cant send you PMs, so i will quickly threadjack this, and then you can delete it.
Firstly... it all looks so clean and awesome. Those bocas always look trick with the GH assembly!

Anyway... I have been wanting to get thse PRC Carbon Bulk plates... i know they don't have the natural bend in them, but how easy is it to flex them to sit them right? Do you recommend them over Alloy???

:10:hay fred do you have the part #'s on those carrier assy.?your whole setup up is kick...

Fred, seems i cant send you PMs, so i will quickly threadjack this, and then you can delete it.
Firstly... it all looks so clean and awesome. Those bocas always look trick with the GH assembly!

Anyway... I have been wanting to get thse PRC Carbon Bulk plates... i know they don't have the natural bend in them, but how easy is it to flex them to sit them right? Do you recommend them over Alloy???

I'm actually running integy carriers & they rock. the c/f plates are only 2mm and yes, they don't have kick up but will bend right into place when you bolt to the tvp/cross brace so you will have the kick up they need.

can't really give an opinion yet, trucks not all back together yet, but they are strong and light.

:10:hay fred do you have the part #'s on those carrier assy.?your whole setup up is kick...

thanx digger. i don't have a part number caz i bought the front and rear carriers from a dude when he bought the rsc for his savage. I'm sure you could find em by searching integy hub carrier for savage.

I meant you GH Steering assembly haha

The carbon plates must be better than the weak stock purple alloy plates right? Should be strong enough to handle my elephant of a truck you think? (btw I'm not really doing big jumps anymore)

id say it would be fine. i know jason larsen really tested the snots out of them and idk anyone who's broken one.

I need to keep the weight down somewhere on my truck... and i think the carbon will look gd with the red ano and silver towers.
Going to PM larson!
Cheers fred!

You can get rid of these messages.

CF is real easy to keep clean and maintain that new look.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back