Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakinpa

Looking for advice on my hpi savage gtxl 1 build

Looking for shocks..i wanted to run dual shocks..one in front and behind the control arms..ive been having trouble fimding all aluminum shocks in the right length..also..I'm gona run two steering servos..any info on that by chance?..mounting plate?..best way to rig it up??

Looking for shocks..i wanted to run dual shocks..one in front and behind the control arms..ive been having trouble fimding all aluminum shocks in the right length..also..I'm gona run two steering servos..any info on that by chance?..mounting plate?..best way to rig it up??

Honestly the Big Bore shocks are way better than the 8 shock setup, and running 2 steering servos? I have to wonder why? todays metal gear servos are WAY WAY better than the servos of the old days, besides the linkage complications there really is no need for 2 servos

Steering very weak..even with reefs upgraded servo..i got an AGFRC second servo for it..seen a vid on youtube..the tires would turn on a carpet..mine wont even turn on my garage floor wen not moving...

Steering very weak..even with reefs upgraded servo..i got an AGFRC second servo for it..seen a vid on youtube..the tires would turn on a carpet..mine wont even turn on my garage floor wen not moving...

This video was uploaded by RC4me.US in this post from on the 13th Nov 2018, This will only work on a flux as the second servo occupies the throttle/brake space in the radio box.
Link tp post: https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/how-about-700oz-in.19078/

And like Jam1 says the big bore shocks are way better and you can pick up a set of ally A720s with 5mm shafts off AliExpress cheap.

Last edited:
This is the my latest Savage build which is running FeeTech 35kg servos on both the steering & Throttle/Brake. These servos are dirt cheap and work very well.

If you want to build a strong and reliable rc car the weight is one of the main factors you need to take in account, adding stuff you don't need is just increasing the weight, and with a heavy truck comes bad handling, more breakages, motor and esc overheating and so on... You don't need two servos nor dual shocks, I've been running a single 20 kg servo for the past 9 moths, and it does the job very well, I've also been running the stock big bore shocks, i just put a 15mm spacer inside them to lower the car and put 1200 cst oil on them... avoid tires weighting above 350/400g each, the heavier the tire, the stronger the servo needs to be, also increase the stress on arms and a lot more parts on the truck, increase wearing on your drive train and, puts more stress on your motor/ESC. If the holes on the alza center diff don't match the chassis holes, just drill new ones. Get the Bulletproof bevel gears if you don't have them, do a good shimming on the diffs, buy the Savage XL 17mm Hex Hub Conversion Set HP160141, if you can... don't add too much aluminum, less is more... Don't be afraid to modify stuff, drill holes and make threads, thinking outside the box and being able to adapt parts that are not a direct fitment is a very important skill to have in this hobby.
Those are some of the tips i can give you.

Below you can check my build and watch a video of it running, it's also a Flux gtxl-1:

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/new-on-this-forum-heres-my-savage-flux-xl.20418/

If you want to build a strong and reliable rc car the weight is one of the main factors you need to take in account, adding stuff you don't need is just increasing the weight, and with a heavy truck comes bad handling, more breakages, motor and esc overheating and so on... You don't need two servos nor dual shocks, I've been running a single 20 kg servo for the past 9 moths, and it does the job very well, I've also been running the stock big bore shocks, i just put a 15mm spacer inside them to lower the car and put 1200 cst oil on them... avoid tires weighting above 350/400g each, the heavier the tire, the stronger the servo needs to be, also increase the stress on arms and a lot more parts on the truck, increase wearing on your drive train and, puts more stress on your motor/ESC. If the holes on the alza center diff don't match the chassis holes, just drill new ones. Get the Bulletproof bevel gears if you don't have them, do a good shimming on the diffs, buy the Savage XL 17mm Hex Hub Conversion Set HP160141, if you can... don't add too much aluminum, less is more... Don't be afraid to modify stuff, drill holes and make threads, thinking outside the box and being able to adapt parts that are not a direct fitment is a very important skill to have in this hobby.
Those are some of the tips i can give you.

Below you can check my build and watch a video of it running, it's also a Flux gtxl-1:

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/new-on-this-forum-heres-my-savage-flux-xl.20418/
To true what you are saying but not everyone uses their trucks for bashing, some of us like to have them as shelf queens to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back