twinzilla kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donkeey

i have a complete twinzilla kit that i am thinking about selling, what do you guy's reckon it is worth?20200909_181758.jpg20200909_181528.jpg

I sold a complete new rolling chassis last year for £400
And a used one for £350
Both sold on eBay

Where do you even get the conversion kits ...I can't find em anywhere 😕

Sadly within the last few years and the decline of sport nitro trucks most of these parts are either out of production or in the hands of collectors who cherish these trucks, almost all of the conversions and build kits just are not out there much, they do turn up from time to time so watching E Bay and other places (like this forum) is going to be the only way you will possibly obtain one..

Like Jam 1 says you can pick them up on ebay from time to time. All you really need is the TVPs and the rear centre drive shaft as the rest of the kit apart from the wheels which were rubbish as with the 14mm hex centres buckled the fisrt time you jumped them. I still have a set of the UFO zilla wheels/tyres. The 7.5cc engine was just as bad, they were boggie all the time. I bought a kit back when they came out and it was the worse engine I have ever had, Innovative-RC still sell the rear centre drive shaft. The XL body shells also fit perfect. I still have 2 Truckzillas 1 running a K5.9 and the other with a K4.6 mill. If you can find a set of TVPs it's better to get the Sport ones as the rails are lower at the back making it better for a rear exhaust mill. The original .46 mill was side exit exhaust. Photo 1 and 2 show the difference in the 2 types of TVPs photo 2 being the sport version.

Attachments

• DSCF0582.JPG
    DSCF0582.JPG
    385.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0577.JPG
    DSCF0577.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0581.JPG
    DSCF0581.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0573.JPG
    DSCF0573.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0580.JPG
    DSCF0580.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0576.JPG
    DSCF0576.JPG
    316.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi how's it going all? Dare I say it but I've a funny feeling this could be my first bit of activity, well more of an interaction than anything on here. I've been into nitro rc's for a while now I do possess a savage and a half!
I'll drop these pictures on below of the half. It don't match the Hot Bodies Big Twin Truckzilla or the Savage equivalent yet the diff housings, shock towers, gearbox and engine plate are from the savage X4.6 which fitted on with no dramas. So I thought I'd ask here as it would appear that this site has some knowledgeable folk who may be able to identify the chassis.
I cannot find any hall marks or manufacturing stamps to try and help identify it.
It was an ebay purchase about 18 months ago, I can't remember when exactly either.
When I found it listed it was just the tvp's and stiffener, I added the partial running gear. Many thanks in advance and thanks again for reading this far!
Regards, Chris.

Attachments

• 20230202_110119.jpg
    20230202_110119.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230202_110128.jpg
    20230202_110128.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230202_110147.jpg
    20230202_110147.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi how's it going all? Dare I say it but I've a funny feeling this could be my first bit of activity, well more of an interaction than anything on here. I've been into nitro rc's for a while now I do possess a savage and a half!
I'll drop these pictures on below of the half. It don't match the Hot Bodies Big Twin Truckzilla or the Savage equivalent yet the diff housings, shock towers, gearbox and engine plate are from the savage X4.6 which fitted on with no dramas. So I thought I'd ask here as it would appear that this site has some knowledgeable folk who may be able to identify the chassis.
I cannot find any hall marks or manufacturing stamps to try and help identify it.
It was an ebay purchase about 18 months ago, I can't remember when exactly either.
When I found it listed it was just the tvp's and stiffener, I added the partial running gear. Many thanks in advance and thanks again for reading this far!
Regards, Chris.
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum, your definitely in the right place to be asking question about HPI Savage trucks. Well they aren't Hotbodies Truckzilla TVPs, there were 2 types of truckzilla TVPs and they anit either. they are extended on the rear that is for sure but they look like they have the 6mm front extension aswell. They look like 4mm thick which is another indication they aren't original TVPs as they were 2,5mm standard, whether HPI Savage or HPI Hotbodies Truckzilla. If there is a gap of about 8mm between the front of the gearbox case and the back of the radio box then they are 1" rear & 6mm front extended TVPs. Another indication that they are front extended is if the standard rear 84mm drive shaft fits the front. Also if they are 1" rear extended the rear shaft would be 113mm. these measurements are pin to pin.
Your TVPs look like they were meant to be used with a twin engine setup due to the top rear parts of the rails missing but again not Hotbodies truckzilla twin TVPs.

Hotbodies Truckzilla TVPs designed for the 4.6(7.6cc) side exit exhaust hotbodies engine.
1675530629772.jpeg

Hotbodies Truckzilla Sport TVPs. Designed for rear exit exhaust.
1675531014028.jpeg

Hi Gazzman thanks for getting back to me! For sure yes deffo for a twin engine set up. As explained initially it came to me minus a few of the key elements to complete.
Things like the twin engine mounting plate, (fuel tank is easy enough to deal with) and the extended front and rear output shafts. I'll have to get down to my workplace tomorrow and measure the thickness of the tvp's. Who ever manufactured the plates has even gone to the extent of having all edges bevelled
As it stands I'm in two minds about carrying on with the project as I thought it would be a nice addition to go with my pair of gtx2's and Giga Crusher dual force.

Regards, Chris.
What you have there is the NewEra savage twin engine chassis,
It’s pretty much a standard length chassis
They along with the Hb chassis are long discontinued,
You’ll probably have to fabricate a engine mounting plate as it’ll be difficult to get the engine plate that fits it now,
I had one myself few years back

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum, your definitely in the right place to be asking question about HPI Savage trucks. Well they aren't Hotbodies Truckzilla TVPs, there were 2 types of truckzilla TVPs and they anit either. they are extended on the rear that is for sure but they look like they have the 6mm front extension aswell. They look like 4mm thick which is another indication they aren't original TVPs as they were 2,5mm standard, whether HPI Savage or HPI Hotbodies Truckzilla. If there is a gap of about 8mm between the front of the gearbox case and the back of the radio box then they are 1" rear & 6mm front extended TVPs. Another indication that they are front extended is if the standard rear 84mm drive shaft fits the front. Also if they are 1" rear extended the rear shaft would be 113mm. these measurements are pin to pin.
Your TVPs look like they were meant to be used with a twin engine setup due to the top rear parts of the rails missing but again not Hotbodies truckzilla twin TVPs.

Hotbodies Truckzilla TVPs designed for the 4.6(7.6cc) side exit exhaust hotbodies engine.
View attachment 11009

Hotbodies Truckzilla Sport TVPs. Designed for rear exit exhaust.
View attachment 11010
The truckzilla chassis were designed for the force .46 engine that had a taller engine block and a side exit exhaust that cleared the chassis,
It’s possible to have the more common 1/8 size engines run a side exhaust on them with the header running through the chassis with a small amount of filing to be done

Latest posts

Members online

Back