turning circle too large on savvy x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamskii

my turning circle is too big. i just put a hitec mg645 steering servo in. at low throttle turnin circle is ok, about 1.5 meter diameter. but at speed, the car takes a huge circle to turn, full throttle on hard grassed surface , maybe 20 meter radius. at least all wheels now stay on the ground with shock adjustments. it does however seem that the wheels are not turning (left or right) when I'm going fast. How can i get extra adjustablitiy in the steering? is it possible the servo saver is too soft?

any help appreciated.

Adamskii

I think that your servo saver is too soft indeed.
another possibility is that the servo isn`t strong enough but I don`t know the force of your servo.
are you using AA batteries for your receiver or do you use a hump pack?
AA batts give only 4,8 volts and the hump pack gives 6 volts, this could make a difference also.
for example, my current steering servo has 5,5 kgs at 4.8 volts and 8,5 kgs at 6 volts.

i have the following

a venom 6.0 volt humpack fully charged, and the hitec servo is best i can get, at 6V its 9 kilograms i think (hitec mg-645). that servo is supposed to be like the bee's knees for MT's or something.

maybe its possible to use en longer servo arm.. that way the turning radius will become bigger and your steering is tighter....

Droogmole SS 4.6! said:
maybe its possible to use en longer servo arm.. that way the turning radius will become bigger and your steering is tighter....

hm I don`t know.
with my savvy the servo arm radius was too long, I adjusted it on the radio(got a programmable radio, SUPER!) by setting the EPA
( End Point Adjustment).
before I found this out the servo was pushing the servo saver spring too far and this is gonna cost you your servo saver and the servo gears, the servo gears too because I have my servo saver firmly tightened.
if you use a longer servo arm you will encounter this problem too or else your servo arm is too short now.

Latest posts

Members online

Back