Turnbuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris D

Hello Savage Universe !

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy! Just wanted to ask for turnbuckle recommendations I have I believe Lunsford turnbuckles but they seem to pop off after a few jumps on my savage flux.

I certainly don’t mind popping them back on but wanted to ask if anyone has any recommendations to replace them ? It’s all of them seem to pop off not just one or two. So any help is appreciated

Take care

The plastic rod ends are popping off the ball? If that's the case, place a washer large enough to stop the rod end from coming off. Just make sure it's not too big to interfere with any movement. Been doin that for a while now when I started havin the same problem with the stock ones.

yes the washer trick works very well

I use RPM rod ends as well, they tend to pop off a lot less and they flex more so they don't break as often.

I have tried a few different ideas for this, gpm ones just snap, integy alloy ones hold up very well but eventually stretch and snap, but oe with a washer is the best

Thank you everyone for the pointers I bought the Lunsford punishers almost 20 years ago for my S25 Savy.
Never really had a problem with them until now with all the brushless power under the hood lol. I just popped on the originals back on with the Lunsford ball doo hickeys and ready to do some jumps ! FE614BD6-FD15-4B34-B533-661B7EAC8B03.jpeg

The plastic rod ends are popping off the ball? If that's the case, place a washer large enough to stop the rod end from coming off. Just make sure it's not too big to interfere with any movement. Been doin that for a while now when I started havin the same problem with the stock ones.

Thanks for the pointer ! I did the washer trick and bashed the heck out of the savvy today got a few 30 ft jumps in only minimal breakage. One pin on my dog bones loosened up a little and only a couple turn buckles came off in the front. I didn’t do the washer trick on the front I had to run the thing and not wrench all day lol must ran at least an hour today so all in all very pleased !

Probably just time for some new ends. They wear/stretch over time. Could also remove the rear ones and get integy rear axle carriers. One of the few parts integy makes that hold up to abuse.

It's what I run on my flux hp and what I ran on my X when I had it:
2018-0307-SavageFlux-IntegyRearCarrier-Top.jpg

I don't use the c-clip/pin they include though. I use a 4mm bolt that was long so the part that rides in the arm/carrier is unthreaded, then I cut it to fit with the nut on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back