Tuning Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tompbz

i am having problems tuning my savage25. after a few minutes of play, my truck's idle will rev up very high. everytime i change the high speed needle, the idle will change too.

Hi tompbz if you have changed any of the needle settings then a good place to start would be the Factory Settings which are easily found in your manual which came with the engine. Get it back to those settings so that the truck will start and tick over and follow them to the letter....seems a little excessive but the guys/girls that wrote that manual know more about there engines than anyone and unless you actually have a defect or possible air leak somewhere then those instructions should see you on the right path.:)

Remember, Although HPI refuses to admit it, your truck will go lean after 1/2 tank due to a flaw in the tank's design, so you will always have to richen the HSN or top off the tank at that point. Be sure to tune with a temp gun.

I love my temp gun. I think it was one of the best things I bought for my savage. It makes tuning so much better now I never have to worry about it running to hot.

i now realize that it's the half tank lean problem. does hpi sell a small tank without the little "drop off"? i don't run my truck long so i wouldn't mind a smaller tank. thanks, xjeepguy.

race tank

I belive that they do sell a race tank with out the primer. It seems to fix the lean problem.

vash1774 said:
I belive that they do sell a race tank with out the primer. It seems to fix the lean problem.

my tank has no primer on the tank. the half lean issues comes from the shape of the tank. is there a tank that doesn't have that "dip" in it?

Latest posts

Members online

Back