TRX 2.5 in a Duratrax Nitro Evader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrome

Wellm y son is wanting a RC and I have my old Evader collecting dust that I thought I could start him on, the only problem I see is it has a O.S. 18 CVR motor in it now and it is really hard to control, too much motor for it in my opinion, but I do have a old TRX 2.5 that I was thinking about putting in it instead. Do you think it would improve the drivability or will the 2.5 still be really a handful?.

an easy way to slow it down is to limit the carb arm throw, thus not letting it get full throttle... shorten the linkage or whatever works...... I think the TRX 2.5 will be almost as much overpowered as the os engine....

That is what I was thinking as well. I guess I will try what you said after I get parts to fix it. I let him play with it the other night after work and he ran it in to my house and broke a front A arm and the shock tower. I probably just need to buy him something a little more durable and more forgiving for a starter. Do you have any recommendations? Something that is fairly cheap and easy get parts for and can take some abuse from a 13 year old with a heavy throttle finger.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back