Trouble Turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL nun taken Bro just a reply. CUZ now she turns on a dime ( well a big Dime)lol.

A big dime is right. I have taken my truck to the local track a couple of times. That was when I noticed how bad the turning circle really was on the stock savage. Every time I got slowed down before a corner (mostly due to spinning out) I wouldn't be able to get it around the corners. The only way I could get it around most of the corners is to tap the breaks and turn to get a heap of over steer. There is definitely a lot of things you can improve on a stock savage.

Hey MTBikerTim, as long as your sure you don't need to change your batteries, take a look at the servo saver under the servo compartment. It's a pain in the a$$ to get to, but the ADJUSTABLE servo saver can be tighten up and your stering will improve greatly. I hope this helpped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably should tighten up the servo saver. It is definitely set pretty loose. It won't help to much at the track i don't think but I run on grass a lot and I have noticed the steering has a lot more movement then it should. Once i get a new throttle mixer today I will see how my steering goes as I have just put a tower pro 955mg servo in the steering. Not a great servo but they are cheap.

Dude, the 955mg is a desent servo. Depending on your tire size, just leave enough spring in the saver to protect the servo. I'd say about half tension should do it.

sorry if this has been stated, but i've just skimmed the thread.
the reason it doesn't turn on gas is due, in part to the savs' 4 wheel drive system.
i'll explain- as there is no centre diff, as is common in all automotive 4wd systems, all torque from the motor is split equally between front and rear diffs, making it understeer, as too much grunt is going to the front end.

i had the same issue, and i found running a really thick grease (car cv grease) in the rear diff and a light oil in the front has helped no end, in my oppinion STAY AWAY FROM DIFF LOCKS, especailly if you're going round corners- it will break the casings/driveshafts/other bits!!

the idea of a diff locker is for hill climbs. going to the main properties of a diff, it is there to allow the vehicle to turn corners, as round a corner the inside wheel travells a shorter distance than the outer, so the diff allows cornering to take place without stressing components, now this is a good thing, but it does mean that if one wheel on an axle (or a different axle with a centre diff-not a torsen, these do not have the same issue) looses traction, it's like electricity, it will take the line of least resistance, thats why when the sav is on its' side, it will spin the wheels in the air.

so there we have it, a load of rambleing!

also, on another note, it might be worth looking at a mid tank mod, because it puts more weight on the front end (until the tank gets low!!) and it looks cool to boot!!

has anybody tried diff oil. try 30,000wt. fr. and 10,000 wt. rear. that should improve turning alot.

I have to say the new servo has made a massive difference. The brakes work better (the stock sr2 is now on the throttle) and the 955 definitely makes the steering a lot better. My engine is now running better too. I don't think my old sr1 servo even had enough power to open the throttle all the way. The new throttle and brake linkages are helping too.

Latest posts

Members online

Back