Trouble starting engine on Savage 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Habiak

I recently bought me a HPI Savage 25
I belive it is an f 3.5 engine

I did set all the needles to factory setting, high speed, mid speed and low speed needel and i cant get it to start
I read it is 3 1/2 and 4 /12 turn out for high speed needel, back and forth trying to start but it wil not start
Could someone help me?
I'm running it with Runner Time 16%

I'd also did try to take of the carburetor and top and exhaust to clean it all out and check gaskets. I have to different glowplug, i tried both but nothing helps.
Is there anything i'm missing here or what?

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_184751.jpg
    IMG_20200408_184751.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200408_184745.jpg
    IMG_20200408_184745.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200408_184732.jpg
    IMG_20200408_184732.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 5
Looking at images & not knowing this engine but LSN looks to me set to much on lean side & needs to come out flush to riches it up like your HSN!
When trying to start engine have you tried blipping throttle slightly to open up carb, as this would suggest idle opening set to small & would recommend warming engine up either with hair dryer or nitro head warmer before hand!
Would strongly suggest at this stage when trying to start engine you have truck wheels raised off ground also to stop any fly aways!

Last edited:
Hi
I did try to adjust it further rich, a little and a lot, both LSN and HSN but it wont start at all. Small signs of ignition but no start

Yes but take it you have checked glow plug is working & have you tried blipping throttle slightly when starting engine with wheels off ground with also opening up idle screw Abit more?

Yes, i do have an rechargeable igniter and check my glowplug often when i try to start it. Maybye i have to check the carb more? I can try to open idle little more

As said try blipping throttle very slightly when trying to start engine BUT make sure you have wheels off ground first!
Believe me I’am no expert & got my savage going after not using it for 14 yrs with using original g/plug! ??

Okay good luck let us know how you get on! ??
Recommend pre heating engine up & perhaps upping nitro content to 20% but may find difficult getting some currently!

Also prime it. Plug the exhaust with your finger and run the roto until you see the fuel get to the carb. Don't go too far or you will flood it. If you flood it, take the glow plug out, turn the truck upside down and spin the roto-start a few times to blow out the excess fuel, then put it back in and try starting again.

If it's below 70F out and it's a new engine, you will find that warming the engine up to 80F+ will really make things easier.

Failing that watch as many useful youtube videos as you can on subject, something which was missing back when I first started! Lol ??

Now i finally got it to start :) even though its far to rich and will not run whitout the igniter now i have an chance. Thanks :)

I gave it some more one idle and adjusting more carefully on HSN and preheating the engine then it came

Excellent now perhaps when running lean out very slightly the LSN whilst slightly blipping throttle to clear out excess fuel & see if you can then keep running while taking g/starter off! ??

Thanks for all help :) it runs well now after some runs

Glad your sorted Happy Days ??
Perhaps you could also watch some YouTube videos to then help fine tune & lean out engine further to get full power out of it!

Latest posts

Members online

Back