tricking out my savy x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

hey guys i want to know what you guys think i should get to make my truck look nice but also preform good. i don't want it to be a shelf queen and all i do is bash so i don't want too much alloy. let me know what you think i should get and what you recomend me to get. rite now i have the HPI wheelie bar.

Some beadlock rims wrapped with a good tire. FLM tvp's, center skidplate, aluminum diff cups(if you don't have them already), 3 speed, humppack, SMF screw kit, ofna throttle/brake linkage, HPI Polished pipe, NOVA clutch shoes, Mugen 1.0 springs, lunsford titanium turnburkles, flm steering brace, bigger/better engine. There's your list get crackin'.

sounds just like your truck

Does it?......:Mr.confused: :Mr.confused: :nutshot: :nutshot:

I don't have FLM tvp's or beadlocks, everything else I have.

Savage x- There are tons of great things to get and you'll go broke upgrading. My advice, get a humppack and a failsafe, from there have fun with your truck. When something breaks replace it or upgrade. Other than that it pretty much just aesthetics. One more good thing is the OFNA throttle/brake linkage, it opens the carb all the way and improves braking. So the 3 things....

Hump Pack

Fail-Safe

OFNA Linkage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it?......:Mr.confused: :Mr.confused: :nutshot: :nutshot:

I don't have FLM tvp's or beadlocks, everything else I have.

Savage x- There are tons of great things to get and you'll go broke upgrading. My advice, get a humppack and a failsafe, from there have fun with your truck. When something breaks replace it or upgrade. Other than that it pretty much just aesthetics. One more good thing is the OFNA throttle/brake linkage, it opens the carb all the way and improves braking. So the 3 things....

Hump Pack

Fail-Safe

OFNA Linkage.

ya i no but if i have some extra cash kickin around then i will spend it on my truck
:jumpers:

How about some specifics for his list. Like maximizer beadlock wheels with either zombie max or masher tires. Axial .28 or .32 motor. Other than that his list is pretty complete.

what about brakes?? my brakes arnt that great any more so which ones would you guys recommend?? i have been looking at the CNR dual disk brakes.

ok i will look more into the CNR. i jus found that they are made for the savage but will they fit on my X??

thx

Last edited by a moderator:
if its bashing beadlock rims might not be the best choice. they're not as tough as a standard rim

how do you figure that a beadlock rim is not a strog as a standered rim? I am running the axial beadlock 40series rims and i bash the piss out of my truck. I have not had any problems with them. just my experance take it for what it is worth

I ran the x75 maxs and beat the crap out of the rock crawling with one truck and bashing with the savage. they held up great.

As for brakes how do yours work now? I would get an OFNA linkage set up properly, then asses what needs to be done to the brakes. I use 2 vertigo quasi fiber disks on a oversized fullforce hub.

Properly set up linkage and a good servo will help the brake issue. I run stock savage 25 brakes on the one truck and it will still front flip the truck.

That's for sure. It's mostly about the linkage/servo combo (unless your brakes are just plain worn out, of course).

ok then i will get the ofna linkage and see if it makes a difference and if not then i guess ill have to buy new brakes. thx for your input. is there anything else that you can think of?

I can set my brakes to flip the truck with stock brakes and linkage. Well I changed the linkage a little, but did not replace and parts. I don't run it that way cus I like having a front diff.

Latest posts

Members online

Back