traxxas summit tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a summit and I wouldn't put them on my savage. They are way too soft. I've read of a lot of people putting a MMM system in their summits and the stock tires don't hold up. Horribly unbalanced and tear easily because of how soft they are. They are more meant for rocks and maybe 25 mph max. Work good on a summit but not a savage.

Yes and no. It has selectable lockers front and rear with desent suspension travel, can it crawl yes but a dedicated solid axle rock crawler would definitely put it in its place. The summit is more of a jack of all trades master of none truck. Its a very fun truck though, being able to bash around about 20mph and flip some switches to crawl over stuff while being waterproof makes it a blast to drive, never gets old. I was worried about durability but it seems to be on par with my savage.

Thanks for the reply guys...so what tire/ wheel combo do you recommend? i like the monster truck look but i am afraid about the weight it will bring in my XL

weight isn't to bad i would say you just need to gear according so you don't stress out your truck. i just bought some pro-line trenchers with tech 5 wheels they are sweet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back