Transmission issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renots

So, I opened up my transmission today and there was a LOT of metal shavings in there.
Any ideas what would cause this? I’m worried that it’s broken and parts are becoming very scarce for these trucks.

You running flux or nitro?

In the 3 savages I have owned I have never cooked a transmission, its always the diffs for me lol.

Do you have photos of the tranny? Have you taken it apart? Making funny noises?

Give us the details! :p

Likely, you landed while on the throttle. As @Biddie_fiddler said though, post up some pics of the issue. That'll help alot with diagnosis.

I had a similar problem when I converted my savage to a flux. The only difference is my gears were further worn out than yours appear to be. You may want to try replacing the gears Inside the transmission that is on the same shaft as the slipper gear. I think it’s called a drive gear. You can get that in the hardened gear. I’ll add a link......

https://www.ebay.com/i/122772532609...MIvaL27dbi5AIVBarsCh0g9A2mEAQYASABEgJsT_D_BwE

Oh and make sure you take the whole transmission apart and clean every single piece of it. The iron filings in there will only wear down your gears faster.

Oh and make sure you take the whole transmission apart and clean every single piece of it. The iron filings in there will only wear down your gears faster.
Thanks a lot!!
I was curious where it was all the shavings were coming from... all the gears look to be in good shape. I’ll definitely start by replacing the top gear with the hardened gear and give it a good cleaning.
Thanks again!!

Don't wanna sound like captain obvious but, the gears that crunched are the two metal gears that mesh with each other ?

You can see the damage on the teeth pretty easily. Fair to say you've done a pretty good job at cooking them mate! Well done! ?

1569373948885.png

1569374003706.png

Latest posts

Members online

Back