Topless pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew someone made those, just couldn't remember who. Sad to see some of the companies with cool ideas go out of business. Weren't they one width one way and another width the other? Cool idea.

That's right. Got a thread on that? Surprised it's holding up for you with fuel and tank plastic is such a slippery type of plastic. Like delrin. Gives me tank ideas for a savage... 2 of those stacked would be 150cc... do you have the bottom resting on the chassis or is it floating?

Yeah, it's sad. They went under about 8-9 yrs ago. That's how long I've had them. It's probably gonna be even harder now to find tires that will fit them. I had a hard time finding the Pro-line badlands that are on there now. And yes, 0 offset when installed one way and 1/2" offset the other. It's currently mounted with the 1/2" offset.

That's right. Got a thread on that? Surprised it's holding up for you with fuel and tank plastic is such a slippery type of plastic. Like delrin. Gives me tank ideas for a savage... 2 of those stacked would be 150cc... do you have the bottom resting on the chassis or is it floating?[/QUOTE]

Tank is resting on a layer of thin 1/16" thick double side tape .
20180422_144900-9146.jpg

Hpi Savage Picture Thread (post pics here) June 2 2018 #97
Olds97_lss "Surprised JB Weld stuck to the tank. I tried fixing a crack in a few with JB and it would never adhere properly. Even after cleaning with DA and roughing it up with fine sand paper."

Well olds I guess you were right , Ran maybe 3 tanks through the Buggy and the JB Weld let go. I had used the Original JB Weld , Found something from Loctite that's for "Plastics" . Before I roughed tanks up a little ,this time I hit hard with some old 80 Grit and used the
Plastic Bonder after cleaning with Carb cleaner. Will give update after I let it cure and run the Buggy again.

Attachments

• 20180630_171042.jpg
    20180630_171042.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180630_171057.jpg
    20180630_171057.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, it's sad. They went under about 8-9 yrs ago. That's how long I've had them. It's probably gonna be even harder now to find tires that will fit them. I had a hard time finding the Pro-line badlands that are on there now. And yes, 0 offset when installed one way and 1/2" offset the other. It's currently mounted with the 1/2" offset.

Are these what your looking for in tires ??
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/badlands-3.8-traxxas-style-bead-all-terrain-truck-tires.asp

Those are the style, but not the size. I believe the size I need is 3.2"

Yea 3.2 are hard to find I think Panther is one of the few left, that's where I get my paddles from.

I have a shelf full of old 3.2MT tires. Used/unmounted, probably garbage as long as they have sat on the shelf. Have only run 3.8 tires for quite a few years. Also have a box full of 2.2" as well... and a drawer full of 1/8th buggy, which I no longer even own a vehicle to put them on. lol

I have a shelf full of old 3.2MT tires. Used/unmounted, probably garbage as long as they have sat on the shelf. Have only run 3.8 tires for quite a few years. Also have a box full of 2.2" as well... and a drawer full of 1/8th buggy, which I no longer even own a vehicle to put them on. lol

I hear you , It's like the Lady's have 100 pair of shoes and we have a 100 set's of tires and don't use a 1/3 of them.
They have there "Sickness" and we have ours and there ain't no cure. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back