Top speed of my old-skool mid-tank savvy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
Most you have seen pics of my truck and a few vids. Well, my buddy and I were out runnin trucks yesterday and I decided to strap my handheld GPS (thanks purenitro for the idea) to see what my top speed was. My set-up is as follows modded Axial 28 spec1, 49/17 gearing, stock 3-speed, and stock diffs. My first run I used Pro-line commando beadlocks with low-pro Bowtie tires and ran 34.4 mph at a conservative engine temp (230*). Then I finally blew the tires out and had to switch. I then ran it again except using the Cen GST 7.7 rims/tires I have. Posted a top speed of 41.4 mph using the same set-up and the motor temps were a little cooler (220-225*). Both these speeds are with the stock 3-speed without the high speed 3rd gear set. I have yet to install it and see what the difference is. I would have yesterday, but ended up busting a shock (not to bad) and bending the TVPs a good bit but not horrible. It'll probably be a few weeks to a month before I can retest the top speed. I will try and keep this up to date the best I can with working out of town and moving into a house. I may also try different gearing too, all depends.

We actually close on friday the 25th. What's also cool is that thursday is Natalie's B-day. That's one heck of a B-day present. The garage is all mine to do what ewver I want. I just can't wait until I can start setting it up the way I want it.
I'm posting this from my phone, so I'll update later when I get back in town and home. That's if I get a chance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back