took bold off that hold spur gear into place but doesn't want to come off?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLISEON

hello guys at the moment I'm taking off the spur gear to replace it. I've taken the bolt off that holds the spur into place but the spur gear doesn't want to come off still. Should I just yank it off with force or did I do something wrong?

Thank you

should just slide off, may have to use a bit of force but should come off easily.... that is if it is not melted and stuck on the shaft.....

Thats what i was thinking its melted onto the shaft some how

Hey guys I figured it out. Already put on the new one :) but now I'm having trouble taking off the clutch bell screw, is it supposed to be that damn tight ?

I had to use a small pair of vise grip to get mine out the i put a allen head screw back in makes removing the clutch bell much easier.

I had to use a small pair of vise grip to get mine out the i put a allen head screw back in makes removing the clutch bell much easier.
Yeah I'm trying that right now but that little screw is tight! Made it slip a little which is not what I wanted so I'll probably be doing the same thing you did and replace it with a Allen screw.

Ok guys so to make sure I'm doing this right the screw is universally the same as any other. Counterclockwise to loosen it cause wow this screw is giving me a headache lol

Hold the flywheel with a pair of channel lock pliers and while holding it use a pair of vicegrips on that stupid phillips head screw and turn it CCW to break it loose.......

Hold the flywheel with a pair of channel lock pliers and while holding it use a pair of vicegrips on that stupid phillips head screw and turn it CCW to break it loose.......
Ah finally! Done now is the clutch bell supposed to have some slack going back and forward ?

Well guys got the spur gear/clutch bell in. Went go to test that the truck runs well and it does. Now for some tuning and she'll be ready for some bashing !:) thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Back