Tires and wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJC

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here in a while. I purchased a new set of goliath tires and tremor wheels. I don't know if I should put them on my 4.6X or just sell them. I should have read through the posts first to see how you guys liked them. Don't know if I want to change out my gears and beef up the drive-train just to run them. You guys think its worth it or should I just sell them.

Thanks

Welcome back to the forum!

Nothing wrong with the goliath tires, just all depends on what kind of surface you are running on.

I personally love the Proline Trencher tires as they are awesome off-road tires.

They are a massive wheel/tire combination and I admit they can look good. For me though, added too much weight. Both in rotational mass and the general driveability of the truck. I also wanted more grip, since I do mostly offroad driving.

I'd say give them a shot and see if you like them. The worst that can happen is it causes a little more stress on your drive train, then you replace as you break stuff. ;)

Ya they are big. Really didn't know what I was getting myself into until I saw them. Kinda worried about putting to much stress on the stock motor or any motor for that.

I run a set of trencher x's on one of my rigs, I have no experience with the Goliath tires but I have found the truck holds up well with the big heavy trenchers. I say just run them and see how they go.

perhaps you guys are right. I'll look up to see what gearing is recommended

My LHS had some Goliaths mounted on wheels, new in package. I almost went for them but after picking them up I realized they were way too heavy for my liking. The Savage is already a tank so adding a heavy combo like that just adds to the non-nimbleness, lol!

I just ordered some of the Proline Shockwaves, around same size as stock standard Savage tires but 3.8 wheels, the Proline F11 and they come mounted. Found a pretty good deal on Ebay for around $75 shipped full set, brand new. I think they look good and they are advertised as being a lightweight option compared to all the big monster wheels/tires that have come out the past few years.

We'll see how they do sometime next week when they arrive!

My LHS had some Goliaths mounted on wheels, new in package. I almost went for them but after picking them up I realized they were way too heavy for my liking. The Savage is already a tank so adding a heavy combo like that just adds to the non-nimbleness, lol!

I just ordered some of the Proline Shockwaves, around same size as stock standard Savage tires but 3.8 wheels, the Proline F11 and they come mounted. Found a pretty good deal on Ebay for around $75 shipped full set, brand new. I think they look good and they are advertised as being a lightweight option compared to all the big monster wheels/tires that have come out the past few years.

We'll see how they do sometime next week when they arrive!

Ya I understand. They are heavy. To heavy for my Liking. I'm sure they are fine. They look great almost to good to use lol. I just sold mine. Going to look onto getting some new tires/wheels. Got to wait. Spent way to much money upgrading my firearm collection. It's always one or the other. I'm going to look at some of the options you guys recommend.

Members online

Back