Tire wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zud00

I glued my zombie maxx tires on the wheels and one of my tires wobbles. I believe the wheel is on the hex nice and flush...I think it is just the tire that is wobbling, not the wheel. Could it be that I glued it on this way???

Do you mean it wobbles while turning it on the truck? Is the tire distorted, out of shape? Perhaps the foam is not in the correct position.

it noticably wobbles when i drive the truck. it's not noticable just by spinning it.

I assume you rechecked to make sure they were glued all the way around on both sides? I've had that cause wobbling. Another possibility is that you have a bad tire.

it could be a bad tire i had that before or the foam is not in right

Do you have a spare wheel? you could try mounting the tires on there and see what it does. otherwise swap it with another wheel/tire you have.

I don't have any spare wheels. I have the stockers but they are not the same size. Maybe i'll just try to remove the tire from the wheel and remount it. I have to remove 4 moabs from some crappy wheels i just got on ebay, I'll throw in the wobbly wheel with those in the oven i suppose.

I would try just taking it off and remounting it, make sure the foam is in there correctly, worst comes to worst (I assume they were bought new) you should be able to return it for a new tire. good luck, keep us updated.

Yeah, it is really annnoying. It is annoying that I have to try to fix it. I wish it would just go away. Maybe I'll just beat the snot out of it and it will fix itself.

wait or pull the tire of. wait don't pull it of dur... bake/boil/or some thing of the sort to remove the tire glue

I'm going to try running it with it wobbly for a few more tanks and if it doesn't get better then I will bake it off.

I took the tire off today. I think I found the problem-a part of the foam was stuck between the bead of the tire and wheel. What do you call the groove in the wheel where the tire sits? I don't know the proper terminology.

If thats true, I called it in my first post in this thread. I'm glad it was something simple. when you mounted them did you install the foam in the tire then mount the tire/foam on the wheel? I've found this helps to keep the foam in the right spot.

you da man. When I mounted it, I had the foam in the tire and then mounted the whole package on the wheel. Perhaps I glued it wrong. I have a quesiton how to glue but i will start a new thread.

What is the best way to bake/boil a tire off. If is the oven, what temp should I put the oven at. If boiling, do I jsut put all 4 tires in the boiling water? Is there anything I need to watch for so I don't premanently danage the tires. I think the foam may have shifted when I ran the truck through a lot of water and really afffected the handling. thanks for the help.

I used both methods actually. Oven at 300 and put the wheels/tires in on a baking sheet for 20 minutes. I then took them out and used an oven mitt to pull the tires off the wheels. I had to flip them after the first time to do the other side.
One of my tires was glued on there really good so I boiled it (after being in the oven). I think that actually worked better. My foams didn't get wet so that was good.

There are other threads with detailed descriptions of how to remove tires. I think one is a sticky in the How-to section (list of how-to's). There's only like 5 pages of threads in the tires/wheels section so you could look through all the topics posted and you might see a couple threads about tire removal.

Latest posts

Members online

Back