tire removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samisavage

What's the best way to remove tires from stripped wheels to remount to new wheels? The best easiest way if possible I like the tires and don't want to hack them up so I can put them on new wheels I bought.

your could boil them bud, or heat them up in the oven for a bit at like 200* (thats the stinky method) try boiling them.... don't submerge them all the way. your just melting the glue down ...

Ok I guess I'll try that. Just put like one bead in at a time? will that remove the glue from the tire too, Or will I have to clean it off with something?

Ive boiled tyres of rims before & it works a treat.

Get a large pan which will allow the whole wheel & tyre to
be submerged & hold the wheel down with a wooden spoon.

Doing it this way saves a lot of time as you are doing both
sides at once.

The tyres will need boiling for around 10mins depending on
the type a glue used.

Make sure you have some rubber gloves handy as it will get
very hot & just use enough pressure to try & remove the tyre.

If its still stuck in places,put it back in the pan for a couple of
minutes.

Other people have used Acetone but i cant comment as i haven't
tried that.

i think you should try boiling fisrt, it may work, i didnt really for me on ywo sets of tires i have tried, people say they come off easy, mine didnt.

then try acetone or glue debonder, i have not tried this yet but should work much better then heating the glue.

I tried acetone a long time ago and it made my tires a bit gooey, it is the stongest over the counter chemical you can buy. It started to break down the rubber...i would be very careful when using this stuff.

I boiled my tires and it worked great thanks guys. My neighbor had me boil a set that were on his revo they were brand new and got full of sand at the dunes it's amazing how much got in thru those little holes. moral tape the holes when running in loose sand.http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/teaott/?action=view&current=HPIM0161.flv I would recommend this method to anyone It's easy and worked great and I just threw the tires and foams in the washer for a cycle and they came out nice and clean ready to remount.

Latest posts

Members online

Back