Tire recommendations welcome:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Servohead

Being that the savage Flux xs is as insane as it is and most of us know the marginal performance offered by the stock tires I wanted to pool some experiences you all have had with varying tire designs.
Post away! I have found little information on what people have found with the myriad of options available.
Thanks,
Steve M

I got the duratrax lockup 2.8's and while they look cool and have crazy grip I think there a little heavy or something. They took an already insane little truck and made it even crazier lol. I can almost never go full throttle it will just wheelie all the time even on 2c. But one kinda funny thing it can do is if you drop it from about waist high I can get it to do about 2 back flips before it hits the ground :)

Not specifically for the XS, but Trenchers are wildly popular, as are Badlands. Depends where you run, I think.
True! Maybe some data on all surface types would be helpful, or what have you.

I got the duratrax lockup 2.8's and while they look cool and have crazy grip I think there a little heavy or something. They took an already insane little truck and made it even crazier lol. I can almost never go full throttle it will just wheelie all the time even on 2c. But one kinda funny thing it can do is if you drop it from about waist high I can get it to do about 2 back flips before it hits the ground :)
That's awesome!

I run Proline Masher 2000 tires on Desperado 2.2 rims, and they work great. Based on my experience with these tires on the XS and with my Trenchers on the big Savage, I could very easily believe that the Trenchers would be awesome too.

Trencher T 2.2" tires would be closer to the stock size, while the Trencher 2.8s would be closer to the size of my Masher 2000 tires. I geared down to compensate for the taller tires, and the truck runs way better with the Mashers than the old stock tires.

I've just ordered a set normally fitted to the Thunder Tiger SSK. They are the same size as stock but the offset should give it a better stance and the tread looks like it would be much more grippy.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Rolling on Big Joe 2.2s this evening, holy bawbags they are so much grippier than stock. Went to a gravelly quarry, couldn't slide nor donut with them at all - put the stock ones back on and it was back like being on a skate rink again (fun in itself though).

So yeah, they're good.

This is a nice looking setup.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
[/QUOTE]
I currently have 2.8 dirt hawgs on my truck and I love them. I can fly through the dirt, rocks, grass, concrete with full control always. Still have enough grip for rolling wheelys on any surface and enough give to not be in a constant cartwheel. Plus they look phenomenal, and you do NOT need to gear down. There is a blog or article from Proline that was extremely informative and super helpful. (Google search -savage xs proline) I also have 2.8 badlands which are great in the mud & slop. (Gear swap needed) and 2.2 dirt bonz that feel super "grippy" but havnt used them.
All depends on where you're driving -

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back