Throttle glitching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendar

Another problem. It ran good for about 3/4 of a tank, i have the truck at full throttle and it glictches full to idle. I've replaced all batteries with new alk., took out fail safe, used new crytsals, it idles good but as soon as you give it a little gas it glitches. What do i do?

Ckeck the antenna's solder connection in the RX. Reheating the solder point can be the cure if all other checks fail to help.

You may need to re-solder the the wire if it's been tugged or severed in any way.

But first...
Check for cuts or breaks in the antenna itself.
Make sure the wire is in good shape and not touching any metal surfaces.

If your trying new crystals, be sure that the TX crystal is in the TX and the RX crystal is in the RX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a kit of crystals from x-mods. I didn't know there was a differance from receiver and radio.

There should be one marked as tx and the other rx. If that doesn't solve it what doobee said would be the next thing to check. I would probably go to the hobby store though and by some antenna wire and just replace the antenna. I have had similar issues due to a broken antenna wire even though the wire looked perfect.

That's right Tim... Sometimes it easier to just replace the antenna lead and be done with it. You never really know whats under the wire's jacket.
Replacing it remove's any mistery if that doesn't fix the issue.
If your not that good with solder,.. I reccommend you find some one who is.

The solder points require a fine tipped soldering iron to do a clean job of it.

I hope that helped, bud.

Latest posts

Members online

Back