Throttle cuts out when turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madhatter

My sons savage just started acting weird today. When you turn the throttle cuts out. Soon as you let go of the wheel and you let the servo recenter it works fine. I've tried everything I can think of. It's 2350 running a DX3S with the SR300 receiver and a DS1015 servo. I tried 3 different servo's. I tried the stock radio and receiver and a DX3R still the same thing. I checked all the wiring and it seems fine. Looked around inside castle link and didn't see anything to change around that would affect it. It's not interference. I also tried rebinding the RX/TX and recalibrating the radio with the ESC.

Any Ideas?

think mickey has it ... sounds like it to me to .. shouls put it on a stand .. and turn the wheels n look at your throttle linkage see if it closes slightly when you apply steering ...and you dnt have to do it with the truck running ... but id try it both ways ...running n not running ..

i think mickey has a good point and i would call hpi right away and explain the situation for possible warranty coverage.

on a side note, i wonder what the voltage is like on your packs?

i don't see anyway to adjust bec voltage either :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You can adjust the BEC voltage on the Q-base. It's stock 5.5 volts. I tried putting it at 6 and it makes no difference. I called HPI then said to send the ESC in and they would replace it.

As for the packs they seem ok. I have Turnigy 5200. I charged them up and then set the charger to discharge I watched the cells as I discharged them to 3.2 and they stayed about the same as they discharged.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back