threat of stalling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanlongdong

Hi all

I am a noob at nitros and thought it would be a good idea to start with a savage so that I did not have to outlay lots of cash on a smaller car, since buying this car (X4.6) I have had many problems, mostly due to me not having a clue what I'm doing I think. I have repaired the car many times, 2 spur gears due to the gear change stop grub screw coming loose and jamming the gearbox amounst others. I feel that I am pretty ofay with ripping it apart to repair it now but aint so good at the rest. I have had huge issues getting it started since I bought it around 6-8 months ago but believe I managed a good tune eventually once I could get it running. Then I read that I should really be running 25% Nitro with OS 8 glow plug for the big block engine so I switched the 2 over. Now I can start the her really easy however it don't seem to be tuning very well.

So my issue during tuning I cant really find anything like it anywhere despite spending hours on forums and watching various videos on tuning which maybe because I have not finished tuning. So background is I reset all the needles to factory settings (flush) this really was because after I changed fuel the car ran off around my garden with the controller at idle(had I realised this was due to the LSN at the time I would have tweaked it but live and learn I guess). I have started adjusting the HSN only. From a standstill the car will take off and will accelerate to top speed with no issues at all, if I come off the throttle for a little while (maybe 6-7 seconds +) and then back on it will accelerate fine however if I take it to full speed then come off the throttle for about 1 second and accelerate at full power again it is stuttering and threatening to stall for a few seconds before then accelerating again, it seems like the engine is flooding during this initial period, is this because I have not tuned the LSN yet or because the HSN is to lean? I have tried tweaking the HSN back 1/8 a turn and the stuttering stops but it seems to go real slow at top speed. Prior to changing fuel I was getting her doing wheelies and taking off like a rocket but now it is no where near quick enough to do that although I have not adjusted the LSN yet because of this issue.

Any help from you guys would be grately appreciated as I do not really know what to do other than ignore the fact it is struggling initially after taking off the throttle and keep tweaking the HSN as far as possible.

Thanks

sounds like you may want to adjust lsn would b my guess to see if it helps it’s not like ya can’t put back to where it is now but tbh may want to here from a veteran nitro master cuz I am fairly new to hobby as well but trial and error is a tuff way to learn but soon we will be veterans one day hope ya get her rippin wheelies again sir.....

Thanks for reply vman, I am kinda thinking of continue to tune and see where I end up worse case is i break it again lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Back