Theres one thing i cant understand about the savage x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found that the metal one would rip screws out of the gearbox, the plastic one should have more give and not rip out screws.

end of the day i never used the roll bar, not really needed for racing and wouldnt fit my carbon tvps

i found that the metal one would rip screws out of the gearbox, the plastic one should have more give and not rip out screws.

end of the day i never used the roll bar, not really needed for racing and wouldnt fit my carbon tvps

i have never had any trouble with the metal roll bar, my savage has took very hard landings upside down, but no damage given apart from a few scratches on heatsink and roll bar.

Metal doesn't spring back, so they went over to a plastic style bar. The constant deformation then bending back of the metal would weaken its integrity.

i like the plastic roll bar on mine. I shime it up with some washers so it has more room to flex before it head hits the ground in a roll over.

my metal one has taken a hell of a beating, still holding strong ( a bit bent but, ah well!! ) and not protecting the head...d'oh!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back