the wife helping out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

As most of you know I am in the process of converting my truck into a racer. Well tonight my wife helped me for about an hour and a half cleaning and shining the parts as I took them off the truck. Lord knows she is a much better cleaner than me so the stuff looks great. We did about a third of the truck tonight and she is going to help me finish the rest.a lot of you know just how much she hates this hobby of mine so this is a big thing for her to do. Plus she destroyed her favorite shirt in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aa lot of you know just how much she hates this hobby of mine so this is a big thing for her to do. Plus she destroyed her favorite shirt in the process.

Yeah Alex, id say thats kool & all, just be carefull caz she may have turned double-agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think frddyj means that she is might be trying to subvert your RC ambitions by pretending to help you out. But in reality she is sabotaging you!! AKA Double agent. Not trying to talk for you Fred.

+1. I actually would be scared if my wife ever offered to help with my truck. I know something would be up if that happened, LOL!

Think frddyj means that she is might be trying to subvert your RC ambitions by pretending to help you out. But in reality she is sabotaging you!! AKA Double agent. Not trying to talk for you Fred.

thanks Jeff! yeah, she coulda turn from a hater to all "hey alex lemme help you with the savage" & one of your buds calls when your at work & says "dude, why you selling all yo savage stuff on craig list."

No I asked her nicely if she would help me out to get this thing going for the weekend. She isn't like that she likes the trucks and all but hates all the time I spend on them.

yeah.. i can't get my girl to hand me a tool when it comes to wrenching on the savy.. She calls my savy my other girlfriend. LOL

Thats cool yours helps you out.

thanks jeff! Yeah, she coulda turn from a hater to all "hey alex lemme help you with the savage" & one of your buds calls when your at work & says "dude, why you selling all yo savage stuff on craig list."

lol!!!!!!!

well alex i wouldent worry too much. you are one of the lucky ones as am i.
my old lady liked driving my 21 soo much i bought her a 25. and she helps me fix and clean them both. it takes a special woman to do that.
but on another note she has always loved to do the things that i like, MX races, car shows, mudruns and so on. Theis other people can only wish they had someone to have fun with. so let her know how special she is..:loveford:
buy the way thats my old lady's 25 with the red hummer body in my signature pic

My wife has helped me out in the past get the trucks up and running. I was at a race and found out my rear bearing had blown out and she helped get the truck back together so I could get it in the group photo. But, she does hate it sometimes when I have to spend a lot of time working on it. She knows it is my hobby, but it is only one of many other oblegations that keeps me from being home a lot of the time.

My wife has helped me out in the past get the trucks up and running. I was at a race and found out my rear bearing had blown out and she helped get the truck back together so I could get it in the group photo. But, she does hate it sometimes when I have to spend a lot of time working on it. She knows it is my hobby, but it is only one of many other oblegations that keeps me from being home a lot of the time.

Yea mine is pertty much the same she doesn't mind it so much when it isn't taking up all of the time we have to spend together

Yoy guys are lucky. All i get is a cold icey stare from my wife when i pull one of my xls out to do a little maintnence on them.

ya gotta get them into it. i picked up a merv when they first came out, let her play with it a few times and it was all over from there. she flat out stole it and told me to go get my own. she has a great time bashing and we started running them on a short course dirt track as a sunday morning thing now. she's still a little apprehensive drivin' the flux but slowly coming around. she's been yackin' about gettin' a buggy, but LOVES pullin' air with the flux, we'll see..

I'm with the group of guys here that their ol-ladies hate them with a passion, all aspects of it, the money i spend on them, time i spend on them, the noise, but most importantly because my dog freaks out when they are running, he was fine untill i hit him (not on purpose.... i swear !!!!) lol.. plus all my friends ol-ladies hate me for bringing them into the hobby... its a never ending battle.. but i wont give up :)

It's a balance thing for sure. Spend to much time on the hobby and they hate it you have to know what you can get away with

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back