The unsavage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fz1

I had some fun at the end of winter and changed the savage drastically.
1. My own designed tvps Split into several parts
2. Revo (sorry) shock and rocker setup
3. Kyosho center diff with fiber brakes.
4. LSP radio box,drive shafts, Motor mounts.
5. Custom made braces for the center backbone brace
6. Savage x diff housings and bumpers.
7. A flat pan chassis.
8. Vr6 clutch.
Many more things I might not have mentioned. Just thought you would like to see it.

your crazy lol......u gotta get some cross braces like /\ because its just gona bend

FINALLY!!! Someone running that clutch in a MT. Please let me know how it does. I want to put one in my revo.

Awesome setup you got there BTW

ProudSavageOwnr said:
your crazy lol......u gotta get some cross braces like /\ because its just gona bend

Not sure what you mean. This chassis is stiffer than my LSP and harder to flex than a stock savage. If I hold the front and rear and try to flex the chassis there is not any flex at all. Maybe you can't see in the pics good. There is a backbone going fron the front diff to the rear. The bottom pan is conected to this backbone also. Seperating the backbone it had spacers in between the savage-x diffs that tie this all together.
Oh well, this thread is about my changes and open to viewpoints.

I feel the only way to find out if it strong enough is drive the hell out of it if it breaks, back to the drawing board for some improvements I give someone like you great respect you did something no one else has done

That thing is sweet love to see it with it`s wheels on and running:D

I did that last winter. It handles good but still need a good radio box and tank setup. Its been sitting on the shelf as i have been racing truggy.
Thanks for the compliments.

Way to use your head man nice fab... work also Yea like rebel rc said tell us how that clutch works for u ok good work man

No pics or vids. It mostly sits on the shelf at work as I race truggy most of the time. It still needs some small things ironed out. Do you know anyone that would like to finish it up??

Very creative! I am not sure why you did this to a Savage, but I appreciate the craftmanship.

Latest posts

Members online

Back