the death of a savage????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puckamahow racing

while eating lunch and looking outside at the 100 ft pile of gravel a co worker asked if my savage would fly off of there and not shatter into a million pieces..a quick reply was ...it's a savage it would take it....well todays the day to find out....will post the video tonight when I get home...this is the biggest jump I have ever seen any rc attempt and will definatelly top the you tube charts.....was looking for a reason to rebuild anyway.....just hope I can salvage a few parts for the broken parts box.....lol

:axial:
a bit of a wait till it flies and someone "SAYS A BAD WORD"in the video sorry for the bad footage it just gives reason to do it again as nothing really broke and I never got a good enough run at it.....room to improve lol
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/puckamahow/?action=view&current=bigjump005.flv

Last edited by a moderator:
while eating lunch and looking outside at the 100 ft pile of gravel a co worker asked if my savage would fly off of there and not shatter into a million pieces..a quick reply was ...it's a savage it would take it....well todays the day to find out....will post the video tonight when I get home...this is the biggest jump I have ever seen any rc attempt and will definatelly top the you tube charts.....was looking for a reason to rebuild anyway.....just hope I can salvage a few parts for the broken parts box.....lol

:axial:

2 things:

1. land on at least 2 wheels, should be fine.
2. higher jumps are 100x easier to land than small caz you got way more in-air time to correct.

sounds like fun, i'd like to see the vid. you'll be a "huge air" addict after this, lil jumps wont do it for ya anymore.

cant wait to see this..................

2 things:

1. land on at least 2 wheels, should be fine.
2. higher jumps are 100x easier to land than small caz you got way more in-air time to correct.

sounds like fun, i'd like to see the vid. you'll be a "huge air" addict after this, lil jumps wont do it for ya anymore.

+1 case it as flat as you can. it will live.

Once you hit terminal velocity it won't come down any faster, I guess LOL. Like Pope said after a certain height it no longer matters. Just land flat and let the shocks soak up some of the impact. Good luck!

if he cases it flat . shocks,maybe a bent tvp if he slighty tosses sidways some knuclkes maybe rims umm mill plate ? lol don't lad wth the gas on

i say he's gonna land awkward...bent tvps....3 bent shocks, and 2 bent axles.......

Roof. Roll-bar, towers, most of the shocks, mill, receiver, tank, probably TVPs, and maybe one of the bulks. Ain't I an optimist?

Of course, not having seen the pile, I'm betting it's just a regular hill of gravel, without the vertical cuts you get on piles that have been allowed to settle before being loaded from. So, he'll probably land awkward on the side of the hill and cartwheel all the way down and out a ways from the pile. In that case, at least one rim, one or more lower arm, with the accompanying dogbone, one or more shocks, and maybe a diff.

vids posted guys sorry for the delay work is busy....didn't work out the way I planned but that only leaves room for improvement...so far all I see is a broken skid plate and the throttle linkage popped apart but will get a closer look tonight...wanted more damage so nowI gotta do it again!!!

vids posted guys sorry for the delay work is busy....didn't work out the way I planned but that only leaves room for improvement...so far all I see is a broken skid plate and the throttle linkage popped apart but will get a closer look tonight...wanted more damage so now I gotta do it again!!!

Come on man, it's a Savage, what did you expect.

If you were going to rebuild it, you should have went for the quintuple back flip. :)

Nice air man!

Latest posts

Members online

Back