the .21 motor for the savage a big oops!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

on-spinners

what is the cost of a new .21 block? ironically i bought the .28 axial motor just recently, but the same night i went out and tried out the new 3 shoe clutch i put on the .21 that was in the savage origionally, that motor has been awesome for as long as i've had it and i have never had issues with it before untill that night......well i was running all good and having a good time and my truck's engine stopped dead......i mean dead. i went over to it and thought i may have been out of fuel and i wasn't......it wasn't untill i tried to turn the motor over and the roto start wasn't working that i realized there was more than the usual happening here......the flywheel wouldn't move, so i took the motor out and noticed the backplate had come loose, thus the crank had moved, thus the lower part of the con-rod had shifted and the end result.....the con-rod slammed into the block body and chiseled a piece of alumn. off. i don't wanna throw this engine out so is it worth the money to re-do another .21?

Not really. IF the only problem is the block (and it's probably not the only thing damaged), it could cost you $50-$75 for just the block, not to mention all the work involved with swapping everything (especially the bearings) to the new block. And then all you have is a well-used .21 with a new block. Chances are your conrod is damaged as well, which adds another $20 to the bill, assuming your crank is fine, which it may not be. There's another $67. Ouch.

Latest posts

Members online

Back