TF3 Radio control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE PIPER

TIME TO PAY THE PIPER
Hey guys. I just bought a reverse mod for my savage 4.6. Do I need to get a new radio control? The guy at the RC store said it should be ok. On my radio it says its a two channal. I hope I can use the origanal. Cheers!!:cheers:

In all reality you need a three channel radio to operate reverse. It makes it alot easier with a 3 channel. But, HPI does make a reverse mixer for people who have a 2 channel radio. Here's the link.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/87039.html

If you already have the reverse module, then all you need is the mixer or you can buy a new radio that's a 3 channel. If you go the radio route, get a spectrum radio. Not specifically that brand but along the lines. Hope this helps you out.

3 channal

In all reality you need a three channel radio to operate reverse. It makes it alot easier with a 3 channel. But, HPI does make a reverse mixer for people who have a 2 channel radio. Here's the link.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/87039.html

If you already have the reverse module, then all you need is the mixer or you can buy a new radio that's a 3 channel. If you go the radio route, get a spectrum radio. Not specifically that brand but along the lines. Hope this helps you out.
Thanks xtremsavage. I got the third servo is the mixer easy to install? Cheers!:cheers:

mixer is easy to install but make sure u have a hump pack or it will be glitchy

The mixer just plugs in with the throttle servo. Then you just have to set it up following the instructions.
Just a word of caution with the mixer. Its designed to shift into reverse if the brake is held on for more then 3 seconds. The problem is that if you are braking your truck and it takes more then 3 seconds to stop its going to try to shift into reverse which will usually destroy the gears in the reverse module. Just have to be careful with it.

3 channal

:cheers:
The mixer just plugs in with the throttle servo. Then you just have to set it up following the instructions.
Just a word of caution with the mixer. Its designed to shift into reverse if the brake is held on for more then 3 seconds. The problem is that if you are braking your truck and it takes more then 3 seconds to stop its going to try to shift into reverse which will usually destroy the gears in the reverse module. Just have to be careful with it.
Excellent advice Keith Cheers!

Any time Piper. Ive gotten so much good info from the guys on here its nice to finally be able to give some myself..
Good luck with the reverse module. If you have any problems just give a shout.

Thanks xtremsavage. I got the third servo is the mixer easy to install? Cheers!:cheers:

Not sure about the mixer cuz when I bought my truck, I went ahead and got a 3 channel radio. Also make sure you follow the module install instructions to the T. In the instructions, it says to install a screw to hold the reverse module in place. DO IT. If you don't, the module will be a bit loose and cause problems and then you'll end up having to replace it.

3 channal

Piper,

Hi, I have a couple of these mixers I am not using, I will sell you one about half price plus shipping. PM me if interested.

John
Oh crap! I just bought one on line about 10min after I posted and got a reply. I paid $31 I wish I knew that. I would have bought one off you in a second. Cheers!!:beer:

Latest posts

Members online

Back