TF-40 RXTX issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfan6680

Hey guys , I know this isn't about my savage but I recently got on trade a hpi sprint 2 mustang . Guy said it was rtr minus the motor and needing the rxtx bound . Its the tf-40 rf-40 combo . Ive read how to bind but my problem is the battery seems to send power to the esc but not to my receiver ? Or ... my reciever's red led does not turn on when I turn the esc switch on . Does anyone know what's going on here .

be sure that u have a good connection from the esc to the rx. pull the wire out of the rx that leads to the esc. then, turn the esc on and see if there is any current. if so, then try a new rx. if not, look for breaks in the wire.

be sure that u have a good connection from the esc to the rx. pull the wire out of the rx that leads to the esc. then, turn the esc on and see if there is any current. if so, then try a new rx. if not, look for breaks in the wire.

do you even realize how confusing that post is nutcase ????? you don't say what color wire to remove and how to check for this supposed current flow ........ i guess you still love that title eh ???

i would simply unplug the steering and plug the esc into the steering channel and check the thing that way.... if it works then you have a dead channel in the rx..... much simpler and faster.....

I'm saying, be sure current is getting to the rx by removing the wire, and testing the said wire with a voltometer.

If the wire is removed you can't test current......... Current can only be tested while in line with the circuit. You are assumeably thinking of voltage.

Well after trying evrything suggest with still no different out come . I'm going to say the reciver is shot . Cant get any type of power to it . But have since gotten a second hand tf 40 rx tx combo and no long have the issue . Now for a new little question . The remote it self that came with my sprint looks brand spanking new and I was wondering if there way as way to bind my old good looking tf 40 to the second hand reviever I got ? If so will I need a bind plug ? Thanks for any input guys . Always appreciated !!

binding does not require a bind plug. u just need to click a few buttons. should be in ur owners manual. I can tell u how to do it, if u can't find it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back