Temp Gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

Whats the best Temp Gun under 40$.I've heard the on-board wire-loop type gauges are inaccurate.

I'm using the hpi temp gun, its not the absolute best one I'm sure but it works great! i think it was like $40 or something canadaian and i've had no problems with it and i use it a fair bit!

Is the Duratrax Flashpoint a good one.I found it on towerhobbies for only 24$.Is it true that the wire-loop type gauges are inaccurate,I have one myself.

ive never used the dura trax one but i,ve heard some good things about it so I'm not sure, but i have heard alot about the onboard temp guages not being nearly as accurate as the handheld ones are! so i bought a handheld! lol I'm sure the duratrax one will probabally do fine for u! considering alot of people still do the spit test! lol if u were a serious racer or something then a higher quality one might be needed! and u cant beat $24 dollars for it so i say go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
:dunno: still no rep points for savageshaun boo hoo lmao

i use the duratrax works fine.Read the manual about emissitivty settings.i also have a tool box with at least two onboards in it an they will stay there the temps with those were some times as much as 40 degrees off.harbor freight has the hand helds for 9.98 and a laser one for 40.harborfreightusa.com ,type cen into the search box they have a few different ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for all your replies.I think i'm gonna get the duratrax flashpoint.Its just what savageshaun said,you can't beat that price.

one thing people should watch out for...I've seen several cheaper temp gages that aren't acurate past 225 degrees F (i.e. the $10 Harbor Freight ones for example)...when purchasing a gage, make sure it will handle the temps these little mills produce...

my buddy uses the duratrax one, and he's never had a problem with it...as mentioned, for $24 you can't go wrong...

Latest posts

Members online

Back