temp gauge...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTDpower

Last edited by a moderator:
look at the temps it will read the tower hobbies will go up to 428 the other 1 will only go to 230 thats the diff.

Huh, thats weird. I could have swore the packaging ni the store said 430F. Now I'm gonna have to go back and check. I can literally walk there, so I'll stop in tomorrow and let ya'll know.

i paid $14 for my HPI on Ebay and it works great. My buddy has this high end one he uses at work but they do the same job, we've taken temps with both and they've been of by a degree, if that.

i have one of the original TEMPGUN.COM temp gauges i bought at the first RCX show, like 6 years ago, i changed the battery once and it still works great, its the same as the duratrax/hpi etc. gauges

you gotta watch that harbor frieght stuff, some of it is great and some is just plain crap, you get what you pay for, ya know!

You really have an HPI tat on your forearm?? I have a dodge ram logo huge on my back.

lol ya, i do have an hpi tat on my arm, its actuallay more to it than just the engine, theres more above it, my good friend owns a tattoo shop, so i don't pay and i have lots lol

a friend of mine uses that harbor frieght laser temp gauge, seems to works pretty good, i don't know if you need such a large temp gauge though, the smaller one fits good in your pocket

oh and btw ctd, my brother in law has HUGE 2008 ram crew cab with a 6 in lift and 37" tires and lots of chrome, i see about getting some pics of it for ya, youll like it I'm sure

I like the fitting in your pocket. BUt they are pretty decieving. The first one I posted like the duratrax one would fit on a keychain it is so small, haha. The one like a gun is still pretty small. The one like a gu nthough has a much tighter spread, I guess you could call it. I don;t remmeber the numbers on the back of the packaging but it was like twice as tight I think. So if you are shooting from outside the body you can probably get a little better temp if trying to hit the header pipe instead of the cooling fins or trying to hit the plug and nothng else, ect?

Pics of the tat?? :)

I'm with bank on this one. I don't use them. Don't get me wrong. I use them for break in only. After that. I let the engine tell me if its to Ritch or lean. I'm on Arizona where its mad hot here. So I tend to run my trucks a ya on the rich side anyways. But I have that first temp gun it only goes to 230 witch works for break in but if you chase temps you'll be adjustin more than actual running your truck. Tc be safe happy bashing.

I like the fitting in your pocket. BUt they are pretty decieving. The first one I posted like the duratrax one would fit on a keychain it is so small, haha. The one like a gun is still pretty small. The one like a gu nthough has a much tighter spread, I guess you could call it. I don;t remmeber the numbers on the back of the packaging but it was like twice as tight I think. So if you are shooting from outside the body you can probably get a little better temp if trying to hit the header pipe instead of the cooling fins or trying to hit the plug and nothng else, ect?

Pics of the tat?? :)
actually i meant pics of my brother in laws ram, but i can do pics of the tat if ya want, lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back