Tcs 1/5 flux conversion......you can"t tell what it is!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
i had the privaledge to see this thing is person. fellas...i would've bet a paycheck it was a flux because i never looked at it good....but this is the TCS 1/5 scale carbon fiber conversion kit on a FLUX!!!!!

Nasty......jumps well too. i will post vids of them running it on the baja track tomorrow.

Picture1149.jpg

Picture1150.jpg

Picture1151.jpg

Wow - Had to do a double take on it. The tower is a give away. RC Driver came up with an original idea.

That is the one featured in RCDriver a couple months ago. I think it's awesome. Got a Baja with all the benefits of the Savage platform!

WOW!!! That is Sweet!!! I will be waiting to see the vid on this bad boi!! rockout

Awsome build thats for sure
and people who wants the parts list
PARTS LIST

HPI

104240 – 1/8 Savage Flux HP
7560 – HPI Baja 5B-1 Buggy Clear Body
85452 – Wing Set Black Baja 5B -
87245 – Savage Suspension Conversion Set
A720 – Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set Savage
86249 – Super Heavy Duty Wide Axle 8×11x59mm
102490 – SF-32TT Digital High Torque Servo

PRO-LINE
1150-13 – 5B Bow-Tie Tires on Black Desperado (Front)
1151-13 – 5B Bow-Tie Tires on Black Desperado (Rear)

TCS CRAWLERS
SKU17912 – Flux 5T Conversion Kit

TRAXXAS
1914 – Rustler Body Mount Posts

RPM
82002 – RF/LR Savage/X Black A-Arms
82012 – LF/RR Savage/X Black A-Arms

HEXCREWS
HPSXL-0105 – Savage XL Screw Kit

FUTABA
FUTK4900 – 4PK 4-Channel 2.4GHz

RC LIGHTHOUSE
4W4R 10mm – 8 Light set

THUNDER POWER
TP8000 2SSR – 8000 mAh 2s 7.4V
TP5200-3SPR50 – 5200 mAh 3S 11.1V

very sweet, but the tcs conversion is alum.. unless the guy had them made custom.

I have to say poor MMM looks like its ready to catch fire sitting still! But it is sweet...

This does look great, but as bank mentioned... that mmm is going to blow with all that weight.

But in regards to the wheels and tires... I thought that running different size and weight wheels front and back would cause diff problems?

This does look great, but as bank mentioned... that mmm is going to blow with all that weight.

But in regards to the wheels and tires... I thought that running different size and weight wheels front and back would cause diff problems?

diameter yes - weight, not so much

subbi guys....he had that thing at the baja track and she's pretty stout!

buy it (alloy) and send to Jason it will be stronger. TCS don't care to support this forum anyways. They sent in trolls to push their site.

Support Larson FTW
that doesnt seem like the most cost effective method. i agree with PRC being the best, but thats be a lot of cake to buy two sets to get one. i got a 1/5 scale now anyways, ill stick with the ext. PRC!:motorcycle:

i heard somewhere that a complete Fux TCS conversion with the correct wheels can weigh 19lbs + if i did a 1/5 conversion a better motor and minimum 8s would need to be run imo

I have a gas engine on my Baja.

IMO, today all electric versions of 1/5 scale vehicles I've researched are not feasible because of either reliability, performance, &/or cost.

Even the Savage Flux is on the high end of "value for performance" factor because when you think about adding two "decent" LiPo's and a LiPo charger to the Flux, your investment is probably at least $800 for all new items. That's pushing the "fun per dollar" value but I believe that with the Savage Flux, HPI is right on the very far edge of providing a reasonably priced, cost-effective solution for people like me who thoroughly enjoy the performance and benefits of a "well designed" OEM electric r/c vehicle.

I'm sure that for the next several years, when the gas engine on my Baja needs replacing, I'll toss in another two stroke. And, when HPI - or another company - offers a 1/5 scale electric vehicle that's as robust and high performing as my Savage Flux, I'll be ready to purchase it. But, only after HPI realizes they need to offer a second generation where the spur, pinion, and diff gears are replaced with what should have been installed to begin with.

Just my $0.02 worth.
:)

Well I think I may be getting the conversion from the guy who won it. I won a set of tcs 5mm flux tvp's and am going to trade for the 5th scale conversion. I was interested in doing a nitro engine in it as a possibility. We shall see. I don't have it in my hands yet yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see a 14s Brushless 4x4 1/5 conversion truck! Would be amazing!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back