Team Associated vs Traxxas vs HPI vs Redcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

What's the deal? I don't know the hype, my personal opinion is Traxxas is like wal-mart, team associated is like K-mart, redcat is antiques, HPI is Pier 1 imports... I know nothing though and thought it'd be good conversation. :')

I don't know what brought be to the HPI back so many years ago, but I did start off in the RC world with a Micro RS4. That kit was great, so when I went bigger, stayed with the same company I already trusted. So I got a Savage 25.

Just an FYI Team Associated is some of the most top notch stuff out there with many many WORLD Titles to their credit... I own most all of the popular brands and they all are great vehicles...... so comparing them to stores like Walmart and Kmart is just silly...

If Kmart has a vehicle for 35$ wallmart would have 100 more and sell them at 20$ was my point with the "stores" lol. I would take an engine from all the companies , same size and calibur and just redline them till they all Exploded..... Who would win? lol..

First off Traxxas and Redcat do not make any dedicated race vehicles mostly just play and bash vehicles.... Hpi and Team Associated and Team Losi do make dedicated racing vehicles and have World Titles to their credit.... as for doing a test on engines as you suggest, I am sure most would not survive that kind of torture test, after all they are only steel and aluminum.....

Comparing those brands in such a coarse manor is pointless. As jam stated they all have their high and low points. Now if you want to pick a particular type of RC, then we could do some good comparisons.

( keep in mind this is all my opinion)..........associated is a great brand....been around a long time, and have made some interesting vehicles.( I think they made a go kart, didn't they?). traxxas is traxxas, u either love them or hate them(I hate them, not gonna go into that right now, it's a whole new debate). but, as jam said, traxxas and redcat are basher rc's. u can race a revo or slash with some mods, but they won't do as good as losi, AE(it's AE, not TA btw) and hpi/HB. redcat is simply cheap, so they would be the "dollar store". traxxas is the popular but the not-that-special type, not sure what u would compare them to. maybe ford?(lol j/k). losi is the popular and good brand, TLR( team losi racing, different that team losi) is the racing divison, again, very good and popular. hpi is the awesome basher, HB(hot bodies) is the racing divison( again, good and popular). hpi is now imported, but they are still half American. the hpi savage was around before hpi was bought by hobbico, so it is American enginerred( to a pointy, of course), not sure when the Baja line came out.(07?)

anyway, traxxas is the popular but not that special company, redcat is the junk to stay away from, losi/TLR and hpi/HB are the good bashers and racers, and AE is the old but still strong company.

Hey nut, get off them Fords!! LOL Seriously though Jared, you must not read much about RC quality. I think Jam probably said it all. Look and see who is winning at all your big races. You are comparing sour grapes with Golden Apples.

( keep in mind this is all my opinion)..........associated is a great brand....been around a long time, and have made some interesting vehicles.( I think they made a go kart, didn't they?). traxxas is traxxas, u either love them or hate them(I hate them, not gonna go into that right now, it's a whole new debate). but, as jam said, traxxas and redcat are basher rc's. u can race a revo or slash with some mods, but they won't do as good as losi, AE(it's AE, not TA btw) and hpi/HB. redcat is simply cheap, so they would be the "dollar store". traxxas is the popular but the not-that-special type, not sure what u would compare them to. maybe ford?(lol j/k). losi is the popular and good brand, TLR( team losi racing, different that team losi) is the racing divison, again, very good and popular. hpi is the awesome basher, HB(hot bodies) is the racing divison( again, good and popular). hpi is now imported, but they are still half American. the hpi savage was around before hpi was bought by hobbico, so it is American enginerred( to a pointy, of course), not sure when the Baja line came out.(07?)

anyway, traxxas is the popular but not that special company, redcat is the junk to stay away from, losi/TLR and hpi/HB are the good bashers and racers, and AE is the old but still strong company.

More uninformed opinion here..... just an FYI the Savage was always made in china, HPI is an IMPORT COMPANY....... the only true AMERICAN companies mentioned are Associated and Team Losi..... all the rest are just imported by companies from china sold under their names.....

More uninformed opinion here..... just an FYI the Savage was always made in china, HPI is an IMPORT COMPANY....... the only true AMERICAN companies mentioned are Associated and Team Losi..... all the rest are just imported by companies from china sold under their names.....
didn't hpi start in an AMERICAN garage? in the 80's?

My job here is Done lol. I understand where you all are comming from , maybe not entirely yet but I gotcha. So many things to do and ways to get their I guess . I just don't understand why a glow plug is 9$ lol ... this is the least of my worries though , I just like Opinions and different outlooks :D Maybe I'll hear and or learn something .. I did wonder why AE was on my one .15 engine thanks for that :)

I agree racing vehicles, lost, TA, HPI definitely awesome. I have to say I've been pretty impressed with my now 5 year old Redcat Earthquake. It's been bashed pretty darn hard. I think some people wanting to start out semi affordable, it's not a bad option. This is an old video, their stuff has improved since this video, but I'd say definitely not junk.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back