T Maxx I scored for 35 bux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
Ok I just got this a couple weeks ago. I know I know is just a T Maxx 2.5, but is another addition to my bash fleet, parts are fairly cheep and available most anywhere, besides I already have an E Maxx so I jumped on the opportunity to get it..... it was dirty and missing a few things the roto start unit and 1 way bearing and one of the tie rods is bent good, but the engine appears pretty solid and has alot of pinch left in it..... after spending some time cleaning and tearing the engine out. it cleaned up pretty well. I put on some Mulcher Tires I had on another rig for now. the bar treads just suck for where it is gonna get beat upon...... the engine fired right up after I got the roto unit and 1 way off e bay for about 30 bux shipped. so in total I have about 65 bux into an RTR T Maxx. Pretty good deal if ya ask me...... on to a few pix of what I have.....

MikesTMaxx001.jpg

MikesTMaxx002.jpg

MikesTMaxx004.jpg

MikesTMaxx011.jpg

MikesTMaxx012-1.jpg

MikesTMaxx030.jpg

MikesTMaxx038.jpg

MikesTMaxx039.jpg

Hope ya enjoy the pix, thanks for looking......

Hope ya enjoy the pix, thanks for looking......

Would be easier to enjoy the pictures if you displayed them in your post. (photobucket takes long to load on this computer) :) Always good to take in another orphan RC though, I thoroughly expect to see a video of it falling apart soon. :bad driver:

Ya there will be some vids of it getting a beating at the bash field.....august 3rd is fast approaching........

This is a chassis I picked up off E Bay, it is made by American CNC Machine and looks pretty sweet to boot..... is finned under the engine mount and is 6.35mm thick pocketed out for weight and is not much heavier than stock.....

hope ya like lookin at the pix

Good looking tray. Got a picture of a stock plastic tray for reference?

Good looking tray. Got a picture of a stock plastic tray for reference?

the stock chassis is like 2.5 mm aluminum and not all that strong.... see the pix in the lower part of this thread....
6.35 mm will make it alot stiffer.....

Yea i did the same thing. Then the sickness set in. That chassis will accomodate a Big block or at least a Picco.26 Red Dot. Then its time for RR steel gears. Then RPM plastic all the way around and so on and so on.......lol its a disese. Must upgrade everything.

Yea i did the same thing. Then the sickness set in. That chassis will accomodate a Big block or at least a Picco.26 Red Dot. Then its time for RR steel gears. Then RPM plastic all the way around and so on and so on.......lol its a disese. Must upgrade everything.

Yup I agree it is a sickness, but like I tell the wife I could always go out chasing tail instead :lmao:
I have plans for this one also. it fits with my other bashers and I do enjoy the building aspect of the hobby almost as much as bashin the crap outta it....

Yup I agree it is a sickness, but like I tell the wife I could always go out chasing tail instead :lmao:
I have plans for this one also. it fits with my other bashers and I do enjoy the building aspect of the hobby almost as much as bashin the crap outta it....

I agree, that's why I have a hard time understanding people that want to buy their RCs RTR.

Well after messing around with the T Maxx, I finally finished getting it most of the way finished....
MIP CVD's for all the axles with 17mm hexes

RPM Bulkheads front and rear along with their shock towers and body mount sets

RPM Head Protector

RC Raven receiver and battery boxes for it in blue of course

Sweet alloy center braces polished like the chassis

RPM Bulkhead braces and the alloy diff cases front and rear

Still needs the fuel tank and setting all the linkages, but the end is in sight, here is how she looks naked with out the body which I also have to get....

I will post a running vid once I get it all road worthy..... Thanks for looking at my obsessive compulsion to spend money on toy trucks

Ya I do believe I spent a bit more than the original 35 bux I gave for the thing, But considering all the upgrades and time spent I think I will have another nitro rig to bash with, now to find some time when it aint 100 degrees outside to spend some time bashing my fleet, hope to get out soon and do just that, I now have 5 nitro rigs to play with so is time to burn some of that fuel i have been hoarding all summer......

Nice find and nice work!! Can't wait to see vids of it running. My wife found a rc buggy for cheap at a garage sale but I have yet to start working onit.

Thanks Guys, I figure I have about 275.00 total into it so far, I look forward to seeing how much abuse it can take soon.......

My wife's uncle has 2 that he bought for his kids years ago. They used them a few times and apparently had too much trouble with them. He said that my daughter and I can have them and fix'em up! I hope they are at least t maxx trucks. But whatever they are, we'll take them. Maybe i'll start a thread like all you guys do.

Nice work JAM. This hobby sure is a sickness, an addictive sickness.

I'm torn here. It's a T-maxx, so I have to deduct some points for that. Otherwise, it looks like you've done alot of worthwhile work here and I think you made a much more durable vehicle.

[QUit bbTE="Jam Racing 1, post: 173399, member: 5645"]This is a chassis I picked up off E Bay, it is made by American CNC Machine and looks pretty sweet to boot..... is finned under the engine mount and is 6.35mm thick pocketed out for weight and is not much heavier than stock.....
Is it Bb or stock size

hope ya like lookin at the pix[/QUOTE]
Is I

Not sure what you are asking, but no it is not a big block chassis, it is setup with a small block :ercm: mount, I plan on keeping it that way too....

Latest posts

Members online

Back