swapping big red crank in losi 454 or losi 454 piston/sleeve in big red?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalikaria24

The ports of the engine are in the piston/sleeve right? If so, I have a dynamite big red .28 and I also have a parts Losi 454. It seems like the Losi 454 has 8 ports while the big red has 5+1. So I bet that the Losi makes more power then the big red correct? Or is there something else that matters

My Losi is missing a crankshaft so if I put the big red crankshaft in the Losi, I assume i would be making the same amount of power as a stock Losi 454? I believe they are compatible cranks since theh both are sh .28. Or I could also put the piston/sleeve from the losi 454 into the big red but i feel like changing the crank would be easier.

Thanks!

On the SH branded version alot of them allow to you swap cranks, but I have run into the block diameter for the sleeve being different. Also the channels in the block may be different between the 2, so the 8 port sleeve in a 6 port block may not give you as much as it seems like it would.
As far as the Axial engines, I am not sure they are even still being made.

thx for reply bro, is that more power? or whys that
The axial engines are made by king star
The same company that make the k series hpi engines,
They are underpowered for the displacement,
The losi 454 will run rings around the k5.9 which is the 38 size king star engine

Latest posts

Members online

Back