Suspension question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke1983

I have configured the stock suspension on my savage so that the front 4 shocks do not have any spacers in them but the rear 4 shocks have a 10mm spacer in them. They all contain the stock shock oil.

My first question is does anybody know what weight this is?

This gives my savvy an aggressive stance but i wondered what it might do to the handling?

Could any sloppiness in the front be solved by adding some stiffer shock oil?

I would go an try it out but i am out of fuel, finished the last couple of tanks earlier today.:duh:poor planning!

I have a decent grasp of physics so i can probably guess. However, I thought I would draw on you guy's experience and expertise.

Anyone?

he message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Not sure the effect it will have, my guess is the back would be a lil bit stiffer.

not sure you'll find too many guys on here runnin stock shocks.

best way to tell the effects is the run the truck like you have it set up.

then make a change (either putting the front spacers back in or taking the rears out) and immediately run it & you should get a pretty good idea :resp:

Not sure the effect it will have, my guess is the back would be a lil bit stiffer.

not sure you'll find too many guys on here runnin stock shocks.

best way to tell the effects is the run the truck like you have it set up.

then make a change (either putting the front spacers back in or taking the rears out) and immediately run it & you should get a pretty good idea :resp:

+1 I cant remember running stock shocks. Been a long time bud ...

I think the general rule of thumb in all motorsports is that having the rear higher than the front makes the rear end more loose and allows more of a drifting affect. So rear higher is more turning, and I think rear lower gives more traction, but there are so many variables like the surace your running on and such. The best way to know is to just run it with different settings and see what you like. I usually keep the truck level no matter what ride height I'm running. But I just bash around the yard or at the dunes so handling characteristics aren't critical, like if you were racing on a track.

Thanks,

I just bash mainly at the moment but have found a local track and wouldn't mind having a go ata couple of laps!

The main reason i have it set up like i have is to stop the body rubbing on the wheel as it is very wide!

I will be getting another gallon of fuel very soon to test it.

Thanks again

Just out of interest what shocks do people use?

Is there a difference for racing shocks to bashing shocks?piccogirl

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back