Sunk's MotorSaver Sav100 Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunkenMetal

This is my review of the MotorSaver Model SAV100….

Let me start off by saying what an improvement this is over the last motorsaver air filter. When I got this air filter I was impressed with the quality and ease of maintenance. This filter is massive it fills up most the space in the savage X style roll bar. But bigger filter means more air to your nitro engine. More air means more power…

After reading the hangar tag, I decided that I would test this air filter on the engine it was designed for the K5.9… But it will work on any savage with any engine…

First the quality is an A+ it has the normal double foam filter media like most other air filters out there. Plus the micro mesh to keep the large particles from clogging up your foams… and my favorite feature no tiny little screw and washer to loose, it has a body clip holding everything together, and most of us that have been around the hobby for a while have a ton of those.. So if you lose it while working on your motorsaver air filter just grab one out of your spare body clips and your good to go...

Another thing I like is the filter neck, is nice and long, with the stock HPI filter the neck was kind of short, and in hard landings the filter would come down and touch the spinning spur gear, not going to happen with this filter plenty of clearance, so no more chewed up foams.

I have about a gallon of fuel on this filter now, running in some very dusty conditions. Took it apart about half way through the gallon, the mesh had stopped most of the dust, and the foams where still very clean, so a quick blast of air on the inside of the micro mesh cover and some tap water to get the stubborn stuff, and the filter was good to go..

I would highly recommend this air filter to anyone out there it is worth the 20 bucks...

price 10
quality 10
installation 10

DSC_6263.jpg

DSC_6264.jpg

DSC_6265.jpg

DSC_6266.jpg

DSC_6267.jpg

DSC_6268.jpg

DSC_6269.jpg

DSC_6270.jpg

DSC_6271.jpg

DSC_6272.jpg

DSC_6273.jpg

DSC_6274.jpg

DSC_6275.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review Sunk. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

i also recieved this air filter setup to review but the weather hasn't cooperated lately but i do like the design, and the longer neck is a huge bonus as was mentioned.. as far as quality goes i would rate it a 10 for sure but the rest i'll fill in when i get some real running with it!!!! great review my friend!! I'm not sure if i can really add anything to that lol

Great wright up Sunk. That filter looks amazing. I will hopefully try one a some point but run there old style filters on about everything already.

Nick - Love the pics and close ups. Nice write up, thanks for taking the time to do this. All this info will be going back to Motorsaver who supplied this Forum with New versions. Can't wait to see them for myself and of course to run them with the Novas.

Good work bud

I likey...must copy....lol!

???????????

Well Sunk, I just figured out where I dropped my crack! On a more serious note, alot of people rave about the motor saver filters, I could almost see myself buying this one. I just like the cheapness and size of the stock ones. I clean my filters twice at the most and toss them. Any idea how much replacement filters cost for this setup?

Well Sunk, I just figured out where I dropped my crack! On a more serious note, alot of people rave about the motor saver filters, I could almost see myself buying this one. I just like the cheapness and size of the stock ones. I clean my filters twice at the most and toss them. Any idea how much replacement filters cost for this setup?

Well i have found 2 options for this air filter... you can guy the motorsaver foams, or you can buy the large ofna foams...

yep it will work just make sure you secure it well with a zip tie as always!!! would recommend that filter over most!!!

yep

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back