Sts .30 Rev2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGESMASH

Ok I just bought my new motor I was wondering what clutch I should use that will hold up and also what glow pug to use for break in and for bashing! I went with the sts over axial because of price and I heard alot of good things from the sts rep good customer relations!!! Also what gearing should I run in my savage with this motor I have good breaks and a three speed!! Thanks I have Mc 59 plugs right now but not sure if they will work!!

Ok I just bought my new motor I was wondering what clutch I should use that will hold up and also what glow pug to use for break in and for bashing! I went with the sts over axial because of price and I heard alot of good things from the sts rep good customer relations!!! Also what gearing should I run in my savage with this motor I have good breaks and a three speed!! Thanks I have Mc 59 plugs right now but not sure if they will work!!
I would go with an aluminum Nova clutch, as for a glow plug I would use a medium one. What I mean is not a cold or hot plug, use the one in the middle. Gearing ratio is preference but I think it's smart to have a gearing around 18/49. My savage x came with an extra clutch bell and it was an 18 tooth. Have fun!

I used a hot plug for breakin only and then switched the the MC8 or OS8 like Lunar said. I am running 17/47 right now. Although I can't go bigger. My FLM chassis and motor plate limits me to 17/47. I am running the STS ali. shoes. They come with the 1.0 and the 1.1 springs (all for 17 bucks!!). I put in the 1.0's. Just be patient on break in and don't rush it. Mine was ssuupper rich when I first got it. I had to lean the HSN almost a full turn just to get it to run.

You just hit on something that Knowone has talked about. Your FLM tvp's. The frame itelf is not knotched out to go bigger w/ combo? What do you all think about the FOX plug in general? I too will be breaking the STS 30 RB with a Fox hot? Will be running 30% as well.

My FLM chassis and motor plate limits me to 17/47.

Skrammy what size plates are you using? Do all FLM plates limit you to a certain Combo size

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the FLM Ex. LCG plates. I beleive they are 4.7mm. I am also using the FLM motorplate. I am going to try the stock plate to see if that helps. There is one other person on another site that had the same problem, but with a different motor. I thought it was because the STS backplate was bigger. But it actually is smaller than most. My backplate hits the TVP and won't let me slide the motor over any further. I wanted to run a 19/47. 16t CB is the max with the 49t spur. 18tCB will fit with the 47t spur, but the mesh is way to tight.

This is w/ the 17/47 combo.

mid-tank085.jpg

I know I'm taking away from this thread but one more question. Who's engine mount are you using? Thanks for the pic great shot

]-[0pa]0ng;17195 said:
I know I'm taking away from this thread but one more question. Who's engine mount are you using? Thanks for the pic great shot

Stock XSS with the snout set screw on the front.

Latest posts

Members online

Back