stripping spur gears constantly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamskii

ok dunno what happened but ma savage X has devloped a taste for spur gears, stripped like 5 in a week. I know i drive pretty hard, always bashing to the limits, but this is only started to happen. I have a good mesh to the clutch bell, the slipper clutch is at factory , (1/2 turn out) i usually run slipper tight, just put a new diff in front after first few spurs went as i thought the spider needed shims, rest of car seems normal, and the motor is square to the spur gear. one minuite be screaming , the next its standing still and the gears stripped. one thing i did kinda think i heard was car not hitting second gear as early as always and maybe it was kicking in at too high a rev, but that was alot of assumption and not observed consistantly. I am worried about a steel spur gear.. if there is a problem i wanna just fix $6 plastic spurs not $100 tranny or $200 engines.

the stripped gears show obvious signs of slipping when in the slipper clutch, as the pads are shining.

any help appreciated,.

adamskii

pull your motor out, use some fresh threadlocker and just check the mesh on every tank...Weird though, I've had my spurs last me at least 3-6 months.

check the side plates and the motor plate, one of my friends had this problem and it was from him tweaking the side plate just enought.

Make sure the motor mounts are tight and the plate..mine was loose and it stripped mine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back