Stripped spur gear on my Savage X. What should I upgrade to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLISEON

just recently slipped my spur gear. (Possibly loose engine mounts or mesh wasn't good)
Anyways I'd like to know what's the ideal teeth for a spur gear just to get regular performance. Any spur gears in particular I should look into? I definitely want a metal one. Should I upgrade the clutch bell as well?

Thank you.

On my stock nitro i used a 47 tooth spur and yes youll needto change the clutch bell if you go hardened steel. I went with the robinson racing gen 3 spur and clutch bell works amazing.

On my stock nitro i used a 47 tooth spur and yes youll needto change the clutch bell if you go hardened steel. I went with the robinson racing gen 3 spur and clutch bell works amazing.
Thanks sir I just the got the steel 47t spur and will be getting that clutch bell too. How many teeth on the bell?

If you don't want to spend the money for the gen 3 slipper, many find the 48/16 combo to be perfect.

Both spur and clutch bell for less than the price of the gen 3 slipper.

upload_2017-7-3_8-2-29.png

The engine, tires, terrain, transmission, clutch and personal preference dictate the gearing you should use.

I run HPI steel 47 spur and HPI HD 17 bell on my X with an LRP30, alloy clutch shoes, 2 speed trans and traxxas 3.8 geodes with traxxas t-maxx 3.3 tires. Not quite as big and bulky as 40's, but not as small as 3.2's. I find them to be a happy middle ground. I get easy wheelies all day long and it does pretty good in the grass with that gearing. It could pull taller gearing on pavement, but I spend most of my time in the grass.

Latest posts

Members online

Back