Striped Spur Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nihal

Did my 3rd tank today. Keep stalling about and have to restart about 7 times. I thought there was an issue with the needle setting and richen HSN out but the problem still stays. Then I richen all 3 needles ( HSN, LSN & idle ) and somehow did solve the issue. I did put 3 loops in my fuel line as I read this will solve the mid-tank issue. What went wrong? I got no idea. Then while I was running in circles I notice that the truck was going slower but I was pressing on the gas. While I was inspecting I found out that my spur gear was striped!!! Well time to change to harden steel spur gear. I was reading that when changing the spur gear some of you advise to tighten all the way down and not to back out 1 ½ turn. Can I ask why? Also while I’m in there is it a good idea to seal the engine?

Because it slips too much. This generates heat and you end up with a wobbly spur gear that strips. Tightening it all the way still allows it to slip when necessary but removes a common point of failure. If you get a steel spur you must get a hardened clutch bell too.

If my engines run I leave them alone.

Because it slips too much. This generates heat and you end up with a wobbly spur gear that strips. Tightening it all the way still allows it to slip when necessary but removes a common point of failure. If you get a steel spur you must get a hardened clutch bell too.

If my engines run I leave them alone.
I already got the hardened clutch bell as well. waiting to change them out only. Just want to know the reason for tightening it all the way. Msg well noted.
Also i want to know if the loops i did in the fuel line, is it ok?. When i change the line, ID is 2.5mm. Is this too small? Can this be the reason for it to shut down and for me to richen all needles?

Took my engine out and wanted to change the clutch bell. Thought might as well seal the engine and i wanted to remove the back plate when i notice that it was cracked near the 2 out of 4 screws. What could have caused this? have already ordered the spare and it's coming in only 7 to 14 days time. Would like to know if there is and upgraded version of this plate eg harden?

Attachments

• WP_20160410_23_58_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160410_23_58_28_Pro.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 14
  • WP_20160410_23_58_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160410_23_58_35_Pro.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 13
:whoo: that is most likely from the screws being either loose or cross threaded..... not sure about the hardened backplate, but a dab of locktite on the screws will keep them from getting loose and the trouble returning...

:whoo: that is most likely from the screws being either loose or cross threaded..... not sure about the hardened backplate, but a dab of locktite on the screws will keep them from getting loose and the trouble returning...
Could this also cause for air leak?

Latest posts

Members online

Back