Street Pete Pede

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
This is something my son and I did about 8 or 10 years ago playing around with a couple old stampede trucks we had laying around collecting dust, I had a Peterbilt truck shell and a bunch of aluminum plate,angle and assorted hardware, we discarded the chassis and kept the front and rear clips, I already had the E Maxx tires and bought 2 front wheels to match along with the dirt hawg tires, after some cutting and shaping the main plate which we made about 2 inches longer to fit the body we mounted the front and rear clips to it,along the sides of our chassis we added pieces of angle to add some stiffness to the whole thing, I had a couple associated battery boxes laying around so we used them for the battery retention, clean and easy...
we also made a skidplate for the rear so when is on a wheelie it don't flip too easy out front just a small bumper made of alloy also
, we did put steel gears in the tranny caz it kept blowing the teeth off the stock plastic ones, on the rear rubber are stock E Maxx tires that we bladed and cut to suit the look we wanted, all in all it is rough looking but it works so well I don't mind at all. Hope ya enjoy a few pics I have....

Love scratch built stuff....bet that thing was stronger than any stock p2de out of the box could be. Still got it laying around? You said ya put steel gears in it and that's what is being put in the VXL and the brushless ready transmissions now. I have a spare VXL 3S esc and Velenion motor that would rock in that thing.

Of Course I still have it, I thought about goin brushless and LiPo with it, ya we put the steel gears in it prolly 4 years ago caz 2 runs and was time for new ones, guess it is them big tires doing it... :) ah well I don't run it much anymore, sometimes out front for a pack or 2 and then away it goes back on it's spot.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back