This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost13az

Does anyone else have issues making your xs go perfectly straight ? I have replaced and upgraded every single part that has to do with the suspension and handling on my truck, including upper arms front/rear w adjustable turnbuckles, I have the hot racing aluminum steering linkage/servo saver w bearings, aluminium servo horn, adjustable turnbuckles & rod ends going to the front carriers. aluminum shocks, and factory mounted wheels and tires.. I can't get my truck to run perfectly straight even if you paid me. I'm almost to the point of spending the $150 to get the Huddy setup jigs. I have adjusted each and every one of the turnbuckles to the best of my ability numerous times and still it wonders. or/and it'll start to veer after I get out of the throttle. it's driving me insane. with the speeds that I'm getting its almost impossible to make small adjustments in direction without dramatically effecting the handling and or tracking of my truck. Does any of this make sense ? does anyone else have the same issues ? is a setup jig worth the hefty price tag if you don't race? All input would be greatly appreciated

Sorry can't help specifically except I have found that the camber of the surface I'm running on definitely causes the wee beast to veer slightly. Even a seemingly flat road or pavement has a tiny bit of camber that affects it unless it's in the dead centre.

Also, you've upgraded the servo right??

Sorry can't help specifically except I have found that the camber of the surface I'm running on definitely causes the wee beast to veer slightly. Even a seemingly flat road or pavement has a tiny bit of camber that affects it unless it's in the dead centre.

Also, you've upgraded the servo right??
Yes traxxas 2075

Dunno then... How about more power? Put in 3S with your 5700kv and then it will either explode or go out of transmitter range so fast you won't even notice if it's running straight :D

Dunno then... How about more power? Put in 3S with your 5700kv and then it will either explode or go out of transmitter range so fast you won't even notice if it's running straight :D

But with 3s it might just whip into a 180 and comes right back at ya! Worlds worst boomerang! :D

I'm thinking you may have some chassis flex with all that power you have. Did you also upgrade the diff housings?

Do you have any toe-in on your front tires? What about on the rear? What tires are you running? Is it something you notice at high speed or low speed or both? Do you have any slop at all in your steering? With your radio on, can you move the front tires right/left at all? Wouldn't take much slop to make it wander a bit.

I don't have an XS or have I ever seen one IRL, so I don't know it's actual size, but the Traxxas 2075 isn't an overly powerful servo. That servo worked ok on my jato though.

Just wondering about the lower suspension arms? I have a bit of play in mine especially around the holes the lower suspension pins go into. Might something like this help: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integy-T5011GREY-Billet-Machined-Suspension/dp/B00XQ9CABO/ ?
Probably more cost effective to just replace with stock arms and use a bit of wax lube on the pivots to keep the wear to a minimum. Alloy arms tend to break whatever is attached to them when you hit stuff, which is more of a pain to replace. Also, it's integy, so odds are they will bend pretty easily.

Thanks for the input fellas, I have done and or checked all of the listed ideas. I have shimmer both front and rear arms to clean up any slop, the carriers and hubs are shimmed (if needed). I've even taken measurements. I've been fighting this issue since I switched over to adjustable arms. but because I hadn't changed one thing at a time I can't say it's just that one thing. I'd like to think when you bust out the micrometer to make sure measurements are equal, you're ok to rule that out... I believe I have it narrowed down to either the tires, or the rod ends/ball cups attaching from the front a arms to the steering servo assembly. That's the only place I have "wiggle" room. between the turnbuckles down thru the steering arm thru the servo saver to the servo. I have tried both a brand new steering assembly and also the extremely over priced hot racing aluminum assembly w bearings, I also have the traxxas turnbuckles for the sterring (not just the upper suspension) I can definitely get it to where it's drivable, it's just so ridiculously fast that even the smallest amount of turning while moving fast upsets the entire truck, and it's really only noticeable on the street. so I guess I'll just have to stay off road until I get a new set of factory mounted tires.

Just wondering about the lower suspension arms? I have a bit of play in mine especially around the holes the lower suspension pins go into. Might something like this help: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integy-T5011GREY-Billet-Machined-Suspension/dp/B00XQ9CABO/ ?

Definitely put some washers in between any area of slop, it will make a huge difference. I used the little black washers on all of my arms. I'm hesitant to get aluminum arms because everything else is aluminum and I'd like for there to be a breaking point. I'm afraid if I spend the $50 on aluminum arms they'll get all twisted up and in turn twist up everything else.

Just curious but did this start to happen after you had a wreck? Sounds like what mine is doing now.

Latest posts

Members online

Back